Switch to stock phone

Andrew C

Reaction score
I've searched and I can't come up with a solution. I want to switch from cytown phone to the stock phone.apk but I can't. When running script switchapk phone stock, I get an error in terminal emulator, Downloading files: Phone.apk... wget:bad address 'files.ccroms.net' FAILED

What am I doing wrong? Can someone help me please?

captdroid

Reaction score
I've searched and I can't come up with a solution. I want to switch from cytown phone to the stock phone.apk but I can't. When running script switchapk phone stock, I get an error in terminal emulator, Downloading files: Phone.apk... wget:bad address 'files.ccroms.net' FAILED

Try installing the attached zip using recovery. Do a Nandroid backup first.

This update zip file contains the stock Sapphire 1.0.0 Phone.apk app.

Attachments

• install-stock-Sapphire-1.0.0-phone.zip
    963.8 KB · Views: 167
OP
A

Andrew C

Reaction score

I'm unable to install the file with SPR or Clockwork. I get an error E:Can't open /sdcard/install-stock-Sapphire-1.0.0-phone.zip (bad)

captdroid

Reaction score

I'm unable to install the file with SPR or Clockwork. I get an error E:Can't open /sdcard/install-stock-Sapphire-1.0.0-phone.zip (bad)

Try renaming it to just update.zip and use clockworkmod.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

Maybe just keep trying...should work.

mojo_droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Make sure the system/app/ dir is mounted ads r/w before u try it

mjones73

Reaction score
The switchapk script downloads the file from cvpcs's site on the fly, sets the file permissions and drops the new file in place. The error looks like your phone is having problems connecting to the site in question to initially download the file. Are you using wifi or 3G?

I think the issue with the supplied updater is the dashes in the name, just rename the file as recommended and install it through recovery. If you install it this way, there's no need to worry about /system/app being read/write.

OP
A

Andrew C

Reaction score

Try renaming it to just update.zip and use clockworkmod.

I did that too with no success.

Maybe just keep trying...should work.

I tried and still get bad address.

The switchapk script downloads the file from cvpcs's site on the fly, sets the file permissions and drops the new file in place. The error looks like your phone is having problems connecting to the site in question to initially download the file. Are you using wifi or 3G?

I think the issue with the supplied updater is the dashes in the name, just rename the file as recommended and install it through recovery. If you install it this way, there's no need to worry about /system/app being read/write.

I use 3G and wifi and both get the same bad address error. Renaming did not work.

I'm at my wits end. I'm just going to re-flash the ROM and see if that will solve the problem. Thanks to everyone who offered help/advice!

OP
A

Andrew C

Reaction score
Re-installed Sapphire 1.0, ran switchapk phone stock script and all is well. Thanks again to everyone who helped.