cytown phone

Wilk

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what exactly cytowns phone mod can do? I've heard a lot of different things about it but I can't find some central page that just gives me a layout of what exactly it does and how reliable it is. To my knowledge sapphire comes with the ability to switch to it if U would want to, can someone confirm or deny?

captdroid

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what exactly cytowns phone mod can do? I've heard a lot of different things about it but I can't find some central page that just gives me a layout of what exactly it does and how reliable it is. To my knowledge sapphire comes with the ability to switch to it if U would want to, can someone confirm or deny?

In terminal do

su
switchapk phone cytown

to switch over to the cytown phone mod in Sapphire.

Cytown developer thread: Modified Phone.apk v30.1, vibrate, black list, eclair, froyo, etc.(0708) - xda-developers

Once you do the switchapk the cytown phone settings are found under the settings, call settings menu after pressing the menu button at the Launcher.

Last edited:
OP
Wilk

Wilk

Reaction score

In terminal do

su
switchapk phone cytown

Cytown developer thread: Modified Phone.apk v30.1, vibrate, black list, eclair, froyo, etc.(0708) - xda-developers

thank you, exactly what I was looking for. Do you use it? any thoughts?

captdroid

Reaction score

In terminal do

su
switchapk phone cytown

thank you, exactly what I was looking for. Do you use it? any thoughts?

I was using it. At the moment I am not. It has some interesting options. Worked ok, didn't have any problems using it.

You can do

su
switchapk phone stock

to switch back to stock phone.

If you type just switchapk then enter it will show what can be switched.

Last edited:

Doc_PT

Reaction score
The best feature for me is the ability to uncheck the in-call touch ui, stops me from accidentally hanging up on people.

heleos

Reaction score
I use it, but I really don't use that many options, it's just nice to have them available.

The vibrate on start and end call is neat. Missed call LED replaces the need for another program to do it