Phone and Contacts disappeared

msheldon

Reaction score
Had something strange happen.

Running Sapphire 1.0, installed stock ROM, then incognito. Everything was working fine. I know that phone and contacts were working this morning. But tonight, when I tried to launch them from LauncherPro or the stock launcher, I got "could not launch the requested application". And, both apps were missing from the app drawer.

The only thing of significance I had done since this morning was to run zipalign_apk this afternoon.

Reboots did not bring the phone back. I tried running 'switchapk phone stock', but it still did not work. Fortunately I had backed up the ROM yesterday. I restored it, and everything is working fine. I restored the backups of the few apps that had been updated since the backup, and it's still fine.

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I had this problem the other day as well! install the stock rom, then reboot. then install a theme thats what I did and it worked fine. the error showed up wen I flashed rom, g-apps, then theme in one swoop without rebooting in between!

microsnook

Reaction score
Yes, im having trouble pushing the phone.apk to /system/app
It doesnt see it on the phone after I push it?

kevdog

Reaction score
I would just reinstall the base rom without wiping data and cache along with gapps rather than using adb.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I have also noticed that for some reason even though we sign into our google account, our contacts and gmail does not automatically sync. You have to go to settings > accounts & sync > [email protected] > make sure all three boxes (sync contacts, sync gmail, sync calendar) are checked. Then hit the menu and tell it to sync now.