A review of Sapphire 1.1

Rhino413

Reaction score
well I've been running sapphire 1.1 from its launch
and I flashed it the first time over 1.0 no wipe and it seemed to run ok
then after some lag in market and with general feel
I wiped three times and then flashed 1.1 clean rebooted then flashed gapps rebooted and then ran the phone everything seemed great. but then i switched to the Internal ADW via switchapk command. and this is when i started to get
Force closes. The FC's mainly happen when the phone is idle for some time and a phone call comes in. I believe this may be bug with ADW as this happens with the built in ADW and the market version. Im going to switch back to the stock launcher and see what happens. if the FC's continue with stock launcher than maybe it is an app I have that causing the issue if that turns out to be that case I will re-flash the OS and run it with no apps in stalled via market. hopefully this is not a bug with in the OS as I like this edition very much.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
On day two running 1.1 with internal ADW with no issues so far, not the OS / ROM.

Have ran ADW for the last few months from market, with no issues like described, calls come in with no force closes.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, 1.1.0 had been fine for me. Haven't had any problems really. Everything is smooth and instant. Add incognito with sliders added I have no complaints.

Sent from my Droid

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Would my Luna Theme for Sapphire 1.0 work also with 1.1? Normally I scream at people asking if old theme's work because it is always a horrible idea, however I have looked at the changelog and don't remember seeing anyhting altered in the framework or system apps... and if it is just inner workings I believe my 1.0 theme would be fine on 1.1 - Any thoughts?

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would my Luna Theme for Sapphire 1.0 work also with 1.1? Normally I scream at people asking if old theme's work because it is always a horrible idea, however I have looked at the changelog and don't remember seeing anyhting altered in the framework or system apps... and if it is just inner workings I believe my 1.0 theme would be fine on 1.1 - Any thoughts?

Should be fine, but it never hurts to be safe, am I right? I wouldn't rush yourself to update it though.. I think most of the updates lately have been for adding more phones.

Sent from my Droid

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
Can someone give me a link for 1.1. I'm on my phone and I can't find it

dodgersrgood

Reaction score

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here is the other link sapphire-1.1.0-gapps-update.zip once on your phone can you use Astro or root explorer to rename then install

wingdo

Reaction score
Can someone give me a link for 1.1. I'm on my phone and I can't find it

Here you go releases:sapphire-1.1.0 [CVPCS Sapphire Wiki]

Thank you. Anyone have a good idea on how I'm able to install the gapps? Cuz I'm away from my computer so I can't rename it with that like I usually do and I can't think of something to look at my sd card. Ideas?

Well, while I am not an advocate of it, rom manager will chain install everything you need.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

dodgersrgood

Reaction score

Thank you. Anyone have a good idea on how I'm able to install the gapps? Cuz I'm away from my computer so I can't rename it with that like I usually do and I can't think of something to look at my sd card. Ideas?

Well, while I am not an andovate of it, rom manager will chain install everything you need.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I was thinking about trying that. Well see

lowboy

Reaction score
Had a few little problems but played around a little and all seems fine. Running great and no complains. Fast and smooth.

jooboi

Reaction score
Runs great!

I installed on top of 1.0 and it has been great after a few days. Even Pandora sounds better.

sniffle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.ccroms.net

the framework has changed, so no it won't sorry.

starting with this version there will be a cheat sheet between releases for the themers to have something to go by.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

the framework has changed, so no it won't sorry.

starting with this version there will be a cheat sheet between releases for the themers to have something to go by.

Hey sniffle. So the framework-res.apk was altered? Usually there's not much of a difference unless images were added. Where there xml changes within the framework-res too?