phone contacts all disappeared!!

Dr Fatsides

Reaction score
So, I'm running .602 with the update.

I rooted my phone a few days ago using the newest one-click method. It worked great! Done in five minutes. Didn't notice anything wrong.

I got Titanium Backup and froze some bloatware. Last night I froze more bloatware.

This morning I found that all my phone contacts are GONE except the Verizon ones! I did't freeze any system files or anything, just junk. To be sure I didn't accidently freeze something important, I thawed everything anyway.
No contacts.
Reboot...
No contacts.

Evidently no contacts in GMail on my PC either. I'm not positive that freezing even had anything to do with it.

Someone told me that I can go to Verizon and have them restored, which I don't really want to do... If you know what I mean....

WTF happened!!??

TIA
Dr Fatsides

manfromnc

Reaction score
I am kind of having a similar problem. DX is rooted, and upgraded to 602. My problem is at the bottom of my screen there are icons (which I assume are default with upgrade) that appear to be a dialer and contacts. Well, when I select either of them, they go to my contacts and then immediately goes back to my home screen without executing. Also, these icons are on every screen on my DX and I can't find a way to get rid of them. I have now downloaded GO Ex Contacts and Dialer ( which are OK, but, would like something else).

Thanks for anyone's help....:motdroidvert:

OP
Dr Fatsides

Dr Fatsides

Reaction score
So, I'm running .602 with the update.

I rooted my phone a few days ago using the newest one-click method. It worked great! Done in five minutes. Didn't notice anything wrong.

I got Titanium Backup and froze some bloatware. Last night I froze more bloatware.

This morning I found that all my phone contacts are GONE except the Verizon ones! I did't freeze any system files or anything, just junk. To be sure I didn't accidently freeze something important, I thawed everything anyway.
No contacts.
Reboot...
No contacts.

Evidently no contacts in GMail on my PC either. I'm not positive that freezing even had anything to do with it.

Someone told me that I can go to Verizon and have them restored, which I don't really want to do... If you know what I mean....

WTF happened!!??

After some more troubleshooting, I believe that it's because I froze the Verizon Backup app. When I did, it evidently deleted all my contacts and put them into the trash tab in the online Verizon Backup page. When I called Verizon (without mentioning my Droid's current state, of course) the rep told me I can restore them from there to the online Contacts tab and sync them back to my phone, but there's no option for that for me and the sync button doesn't do anything. I guess I'll have to manually reenter them one by one - but at least I found them all!

Bottom line - DON"T FREEZE YOUR VERIZON BACKUP APP WHEN YOU FREEZE BLOATWARE!!!

Dr Fatsides