A review of Sapphire 1.1

sniffle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.ccroms.net
Would my Luna Theme for Sapphire 1.0 work also with 1.1? Normally I scream at people asking if old theme's work because it is always a horrible idea, however I have looked at the changelog and don't remember seeing anyhting altered in the framework or system apps... and if it is just inner workings I believe my 1.0 theme would be fine on 1.1 - Any thoughts?

the framework has changed, so no it won't sorry.

starting with this version there will be a cheat sheet between releases for the themers to have something to go by.

Hey sniffle. So the framework-res.apk was altered? Usually there's not much of a difference unless images were added. Where there xml changes within the framework-res too?

If the old framework if flashed over 1.1. All features that have been added will be removed. As far as the individual .xmls I'm not sure if any were changed or not the cheatsheet will address that in the next release.

h4ckd

Reaction score

Thank you. Anyone have a good idea on how I'm able to install the gapps? Cuz I'm away from my computer so I can't rename it with that like I usually do and I can't think of something to look at my sd card. Ideas?

Well, while I am not an advocate of it, rom manager will chain install everything you need.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

rom manager won't chain install sapphire. but you can use rom manager to flash sprecovery and the either push saphhire rom to update.zip or rename and put on sdcard root, and finally recoveryboot and allow update.zip. do the same exact process for gapps 1.1.x. did the whole process just a little while ago, although i went back to project elite / slayher combo and just nandroid backed the sapphire install for later use or whatever. dancedroid

wingdo

Reaction score
Thank you. Anyone have a good idea on how I'm able to install the gapps? Cuz I'm away from my computer so I can't rename it with that like I usually do and I can't think of something to look at my sd card. Ideas?

Well, while I am not an advocate of it, rom manager will chain install everything you need.

rom manager won't chain install sapphire. but you can use rom manager to flash sprecovery and the either push saphhire rom to update.zip or rename and put on sdcard root, and finally recoveryboot and allow update.zip. do the same exact process for gapps 1.1.x. did the whole process just a little while ago, although i went back to project elite / slayher combo and just nandroid backed the sapphire install for later use or whatever. dancedroid

What do you mean it won't chain install? It does it just fine. Hell, to get all the props off my phone to build from source i flashed sapphire, gapps, the 250-800SV kernel, and it all came up fine. bada bing bada boom

h4ckd

Reaction score
K

What do you mean it won't chain install? It does it just fine. Hell, to get all the props off my phone to build from source i flashed sapphire, gapps, the 250-800SV kernel, and it all came up fine. bada bing bada boom

My bad. I had downloaded the rom from the site and not through rom manager. My previous post was not the rom manager method. Idiot dot me equals true :D

wingdo

Reaction score
K

My bad. I had downloaded the rom from the site and not through rom manager. My previous post was not the rom manager method. Idiot dot me equals true :D

HA! Well yes, that could be an issue! ;) I currently am using RM and CW, but I still think SPR is safer as it just always works. I have however gotten spoiled with the ability to install from anywhere on the SD card, and I also think for some "proper" ROMs (i.e. CM and Sapphire) where gapps are not included in the base image (like Google requests them not to be), RM/CW is very easy for people new to custom ROMs as it asks you right during the selection process "install google apps?" (or some such depending on the ROM).

If CW can get the "always works" part down like SPR has, I'd be an advocate of it.