Gmail FC's on Sapphire 1.1

ricwhic414

Reaction score
Alright this may not be a sapphire issue, but im getting constant FCs trying to open Gmail on Sapphire 1.1. I just switched to 1.1 yesterday did a full wipe, because my phone need it. I installed the 1.1 gapps using clockwork mod.
Any ideas?

bodean

Reaction score
Don't have that issue at all. Ran the gmail client that was in the gapps, and updated to the leaked APK. No Fcs.

OP
R

ricwhic414

Reaction score
idk what that means but i cleared data and it seems to be working now... I guess it was nothing.

edit-Found that leaked apk I will try that also. I think it was just something wrong with gmail for a minute.

another edit- I can not get that apk to upgrade everything downloaded fine, tried it two different ways. But its says application not installed not sure why that is either.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I had this issue. Tried everything I could think of and ended up doing a data wipe with a reinstall and everything is working now.

mojo_droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
i had this issue to and the way i fixed it was go to applications-> manage apps->all-> gmail-> clear data

then let gmail resync, and that fixed it for me

Eschy

Reaction score
A bit off topic but i figure this is a good place ask because its similar. I cant get google search to update. It downloads but the install is unsuccessful. Anyone experiencing this

Kid A

Reaction score
A bit off topic but i figure this is a good place ask because its similar. I cant get google search to update. It downloads but the install is unsuccessful. Anyone experiencing this

Had the same issue, needed to uninstall the google search already on the phone, then install the new one. Except now when I press the search soft key nothing happens which is a different issue entirely.

Anyway I cannot get Gmail 2.2.1 to install. I deleted the older one so now there is no Gmail.apk on my phone at all, but that hasn't helped either. I'm also getting the "Application not installed" message. Sapphire 1.1 is giving me a headache when it comes to updating old apps... :frown:

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Had the same issue, needed to uninstall the google search already on the phone, then install the new one. Except now when I press the search soft key nothing happens which is a different issue entirely.

Anyway I cannot get Gmail 2.2.1 to install. I deleted the older one so now there is no Gmail.apk on my phone at all, but that hasn't helped either. I'm also getting the "Application not installed" message. Sapphire 1.1 is giving me a headache when it comes to updating old apps... :frown:

I just got it to work. I used root explorer for all this but you can probably do it from the terminal if you're comfortable with it.

-Remove 2.2 (I used titanium for that)
-Copy the Gmail.apk (and make sure it's named exactly Gmail.apk) to /system/app
-Fix the permissions on it. I just granted all perms to everything. Probably overkill but whatever.
-Reboot

This worked for me.