Phantom Skinz on Sale.....hurry!

olson0827

Reaction score
Phantom Skinz - Clear Protection Film for Motorola Droid

Enter "fall30" at checkout and get 30% off your entire order with FREE shipping. 2 for 1 also. These are full body an screen protectors. They dont add any bulk either, the will work with both the MM dock and car dock as well. I have heard some people have used a case on top of it as well, but I think thats being a little over protective! I have tried all these type of skins and these are by far the best Ive used. Did mention you get 2 for 1 right now also. I Dont work for tham just wanted to pass along this great deal, dont spend $30 for the ZAGG crap. I about ripped my friggin hair out trying to apply the Zagg to my old Storm....blah!

Reaction score
My review on the Phantom Skinz I got for my Droid.

I put one of these on and soon took most of it off. I was trying to use the silicone case on top of it, but it didn't fit. Ok, that's fine, perhaps I was asking too much. No problem. I didn't want to use just the Phantom Skinz though, because it doesn't cover the edge with the buttons. It seems like that could easily get scratched up. So, back to the case. I have, however, left the screen protector on. After one week, it has 3 noticeable scratches in it. It's been sitting in a pocket with a plastic container of chapstick.

OP
O

olson0827

Reaction score
My review on the Phantom Skinz I got for my Droid.

I put one of these on and soon took most of it off. I was trying to use the silicone case on top of it, but it didn't fit. Ok, that's fine, perhaps I was asking too much. No problem. I didn't want to use just the Phantom Skinz though, because it doesn't cover the edge with the buttons. It seems like that could easily get scratched up. So, back to the case. I have, however, left the screen protector on. After one week, it has 3 noticeable scratches in it. It's been sitting in a pocket with a plastic container of chapstick.

at least the scratches are on the protector:) You either hate or love these phone skins. I like them mainly because I dont want to change the original look or add any bulk to the phone.

Reaction score
at least the scratches are on the protector:) You either hate or love these phone skins. I like them mainly because I dont want to change the original look or add any bulk to the phone.

True, but given the scratch test videos out there, I doubt the screen would have been scratched by a plastic tube of chapstick. Also, when they advertise that "PhantomSkinz Protection Kits will provide superior protection against “everyday” scratches, dings and debris" and that "PhantomSkinz are made from Durable “Self Healing” film technology that allows most dings and scratches to “heal” after a 24 hour period" then I expect to get just that. I have yet to see this and it's been 36 hours since I noticed the scratches.

If by tomorrow evening the scratches have disappeared from the screen protector, I will come back in here and sing its praises. If not, I'll be switching to the second one while I look for a better protector.

OP
O

olson0827

Reaction score

True, but given the scratch test videos out there, I doubt the screen would have been scratched by a plastic tube of chapstick. Also, when they advertise that "PhantomSkinz Protection Kits will provide superior protection against “everyday” scratches, dings and debris" and that "PhantomSkinz are made from Durable “Self Healing” film technology that allows most dings and scratches to “heal” after a 24 hour period" then I expect to get just that. I have yet to see this and it's been 36 hours since I noticed the scratches.

If by tomorrow evening the scratches have disappeared from the screen protector, I will come back in here and sing its praises. If not, I'll be switching to the second one while I look for a better protector.

I think the self healing thing all these companies advertise is a bit of a joke.