In Depth REVIEW...VZN Wireless Snap-On Cover & Mount Combo PLUS Car Dock MOD!

OP
JohnnyDepth

JohnnyDepth

Reaction score
I like this case a lot, i hope there is a technique to take off the back part with ease. so i can use it with the multimedia station. Well better designed than the original mount first released

Yeah, I'm getting one of those, so I wonder...

andy44512

Reaction score
Just bought the case this afternoon after reading it here . I have the Verizon holster and really liked the fact that the screen was hidden. The new case is nice but I might invest in a better screen protector than the one i got from Verizon. I mounted the dock under the mirror and it looks great. I think I`ll try the mag trick later on. Thanks for the review.

Nick177th

Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to post this. I don't dock yet but, when I do, this will come in handy. Thanks again.

m3kilpat

Reaction score
Will the car dock hold the droid without the case? I have no use for the case at all and would never use it. I don't want to have it on just to put it into a mount every time I get into my car.

OP
JohnnyDepth

JohnnyDepth

Reaction score
Just bought the case this afternoon after reading it here . I have the Verizon holster and really liked the fact that the screen was hidden. The new case is nice but I might invest in a better screen protector than the one i got from Verizon. I mounted the dock under the mirror and it looks great. I think I`ll try the mag trick later on. Thanks for the review.
Right on, Andy, you're welcome:)
I still don't have a screen protector, ha.

Thanks for taking the time to post this. I don't dock yet but, when I do, this will come in handy. Thanks again.
Hey Nick, no problem! I hope you try it out, because the magnet fix and
ease of use has made GPS navigation easy as pie in my car....

Will the car dock hold the droid without the case? I have no use for the case at all and would never use it. I don't want to have it on just to put it into a mount every time I get into my car.

No...It's in the review, buddy!
See the negatives...unfortunately the way the Droid "docks"
is due to the piece that connect to the case...

andy roid

Reaction score

the motorola branded dock holds the phone with no case, which if you *want* to use a case, makes it a PITA to use. I have already dropped my phone twice and have yet to buy a case so I joined the forums to see what everyone is using.

the case reviewed here looks like a pretty good option if you want a car-dockable case. I don't like how much the "knob" sticks out the back but perhaps I need to see it in person.

GuiltyBreak

Reaction score
You would want the first released car dock then. It is more of a clip in holder.

This dock with case is awesome for me, the knob in the back doesnt bother me, and if i use the belt clip, I clip it backwards where my phone is inside my pocket but not sunk and buried.

Robster

Reaction score
-Second, the hard cover has a thin layer of plastic or tape over it that scratches very easily. I got my first scratch just sitting down in my car and it bumping up against the seat belt latch. Now with random nicks here and there, the whole cover looks like a snake shedding its skin.

I have the same setup for 2 weeks and the outer rubber coating is starting to come off in the corners, similar to what is described above. Mine has been babied and never dropped nor scratched. It has only been in my pocket or hands. I am not pleased with the quality in this regards. Also, this is a comparatively bulky case. The backside of the case where the tab sticks out to mount is especially thick. I believe they did this to reinforce it while in use with either the window mount or belt clip. From what i have seen and read about the Seidio case this is much thicker than the Seidio. I have already ordered a red Seidio case and I will be returning this setup to Verizon before the 30 days is up. When I get the Seidio I will try and add a comparison of the two.

mrredskin

Reaction score
I just got mine yesterday from the DROID35 sale on vzw.

First thoughts: MORE impressed than I thought I would be. I am VERY pleased with the quality of the case. I was definitely not expecting it to be this nice since it is, essentially, a car mount kit and not a case. It's not as bulky as the Body Glove, and both retail for $30! But with this, you get the whole mount, as well!

Drawbacks: having to keep the circular tab connected at all times. Removing the case is actually harder on this than the Body Glove. If you're going to use a case, then keep it on and just deal with the tab. I never use the belt clip (sticks out too far... scratch/bump risk), so I just stick it in my pocket. I don't wear the woman-like skinny jeans, so this is of no concern. Also, I ordered the home docking station, so it looks like I'll be selling that to a friend or someone since the case won't work with it. Maybe I could mod the station somehow... hmmmm...

Overall: you can't get a better combo for the price. Seidio is a joke with their mount for $50 and their cases that won't fit our phones correctly because of MOTO's fault. Sure, buddy... I returned my Body Glove since a couple of tabs had broken off of it and I no longer needed it. 1 year warranty, kept the receipt, and it more than paid for the mount :)

If you've been on the fence about a case/mount, don't be anymore. Buy this.

Robster

Reaction score
I have had that exact setup for over 2 weeks now. I mentioned on another thead that I like the feel of it but the rubberized coating is already starting to peel off on the top portion and it just feels too bulky and heavy with this for me. But it does function well as a quick way to mount on the window with a case.

I just got mine yesterday from the DROID35 sale on vzw.

First thoughts: MORE impressed than I thought I would be. I am VERY pleased with the quality of the case. I was definitely not expecting it to be this nice since it is, essentially, a car mount kit and not a case. It's not as bulky as the Body Glove, and both retail for $30! But with this, you get the whole mount, as well!

Drawbacks: having to keep the circular tab connected at all times. Removing the case is actually harder on this than the Body Glove. If you're going to use a case, then keep it on and just deal with the tab. I never use the belt clip (sticks out too far... scratch/bump risk), so I just stick it in my pocket. I don't wear the woman-like skinny jeans, so this is of no concern. Also, I ordered the home docking station, so it looks like I'll be selling that to a friend or someone since the case won't work with it. Maybe I could mod the station somehow... hmmmm...

Overall: you can't get a better combo for the price. Seidio is a joke with their mount for $50 and their cases that won't fit our phones correctly because of MOTO's fault. Sure, buddy... I returned my Body Glove since a couple of tabs had broken off of it and I no longer needed it. 1 year warranty, kept the receipt, and it more than paid for the mount :)

If you've been on the fence about a case/mount, don't be anymore. Buy this.

GuiltyBreak

Reaction score
I dont know what some of you put your phones through, but since i got mine just about a months use. I had one short drop indoors and the exterior of the case is flawless..no peeling nothing. It may not work with the docking stations but it is actually simple to take off. The back cover comes off easiest is by popping of upper left corner(opposite side of power button) once you get tab off shift case to the right(towards volume control) and it will come right off. the tab never scratches the phone. I leave the front case on and leave the phone raised so it has no clearance issues in docking station.

Robster

Reaction score
What a doofus am I. I posted twice above. My second post above was from me thinking this was a different thread from my prior post. Sorry for that.

Robster

Reaction score
Well, I received my Seidio case about 4 days ago. I must say that overall I really like the Seidio case. It has a similar feel to my previous Moto rubberized case. It is thinner and lighter than the other case, and I like how it feels in my hands a little more than the Moto case. Getting the bottom portion of the Moto case off was ridiculously difficult. I could not believe how tight of a fit that was. I ended up getting a few nicks on my phone from trying to get that off. I got the Seidio in Burgandy and love that color. I also really didn't like having a black cover. Overall I like the Seidio case more than the Moto case w/ windshield/clip mount. The Moto case is good if you want to have a lot of protection for your phone (the bottom portion is especially thick). It is also good for those who want to be able to easily mount it on a clip or the windshield mount.

seang

Reaction score
bought one of those docks, and returned it quickly. got tho Motorola version

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I bought the cover/window mount combo at the same time I bought my Droid. I wanted instant GPS and this combo fit the bill. At the time, I did not know car dock existed. A little surfing around this forum and I discoverd that car dock. I whished I had waited, but now you have solved my problem. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!