Peggle on ICS /GNex

sling0

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
My kid likes to play peggle, well when I got the galaxy nexus I was sad to see that the game locked up a few seconds after starting because of a compatibility issue with ICS.

However, after some tinkering last night, I somehow inadvertantly managed to get the game working amidst fixing other things I had going on.

I think it may be the kernel as I'm using the same rom as before. Or possibly something with the permissions as I copied the Android\Data folder to my laptop while I was working on the phone and then moved it back.

Currently using tuna kernel and Gummynex rom, game works fine now (oddly) still freezes on my xoom with ICS loaded.

No update to the app has been done, same 1.0.0 amazon market version.

I'm not too certain of how android apps are sandboxed. Could one of the other apps/games I have installed be providing a library that this game is accessing? I was under the impression that with the way things are compartmentalized this could not be a possibility.

Basically, I'm trying to figure out how I managed to fix it, to be able to help other users who are having issues with peggle (Amazons page for peggle android is littered with dis-satisfied ICS users, mostly gnex users.

OP
S

sling0

Reaction score
Believe I may have figured out how peggle got "fixed"

Tuna kernel 009 mainline version :)
Flashed gummynex 0.6.6, peggle freezes started again, flashed tuna kernel 009M back on and peggle plays perfectly.

Will try the latest version of the tuna kernel (10m/10u) and see if it works. Nobody has responded so I'm not sure if anyone is actually interested or not, if people want I can link to the tuna kernel thread (its on rootzwiki).

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/11552-kernelgsm3017ics40123uvgpucpu-occifsslqbotgfiopsv010jan-17/page__pid__282927#entry282927

v9 is in the second post, some of the links are dead since apparently megaupload got taken down and other file hosts are scared. Just keep trying till you find one that works.

This should also work for other EA/Popcap games.

Last edited:

jeannegin

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm sorry i had to ask this favor, but could you advice me step by step how did you got the peggle work in your nexus? I didnt manage to do that and it would be so nice to play one of my favourite game on my phone.
I'm a foreigner who cannot read/write properly IT-english, so if possible the instructions were simple understandable, it could be awsome. Could you tell from very beginning where you downloaded the game and how you got it into your phone and so on.

I'm very very gratefull if you would help me. :)

elizamatic

Reaction score
Believe I may have figured out how peggle got "fixed"

Tuna kernel 009 mainline version :)
Flashed gummynex 0.6.6, peggle freezes started again, flashed tuna kernel 009M back on and peggle plays perfectly.

Will try the latest version of the tuna kernel (10m/10u) and see if it works. Nobody has responded so I'm not sure if anyone is actually interested or not, if people want I can link to the tuna kernel thread (its on rootzwiki).

GN-GSM[Hybrid-3.0.30] ICS4.0.2/3/4/Pre-UV,OC,TUN,CIFS,OTG,FIOPS(v017)[May-07] - [GSM] Galaxy Nexus Development - RootzWiki

v9 is in the second post, some of the links are dead since apparently megaupload got taken down and other file hosts are scared. Just keep trying till you find one that works.

This should also work for other EA/Popcap games.

Hey, many thanks for this, just coming in for the benefit of future Peggle-deprived Googlers to say this also worked for me. Tuna kernel 017 mainline version. Bejeweled seems to work fine too, but most importantly Peggle is no longer freezing. Orange attack!!