Curious about all these "bugs" in ICS

hydro556

Reaction score
The app volume control lets you lock the volume so that helps. Agree with you on the case, I like my phones naked but this guy is way to slippery for that. (got the Incipio feather so almost like no case).

I am not seeing how to lock my volume, and I would like that. Can you show me where? Didnt see it in the Volume Settings.

I agree, this phone is both too nice and too slippery not to have a case. I had one drop, with zero damage, but am awaiting my case. A Seidio Surface combo, that I ordered from Amazon right before Christmas, but somehow got lost in shipping. New one supposed to be here today.

Love the phone, but will like it better after I get the case. Hopefully it doesnt add too much bulk. I had the same case on my beloved Incredible, and loved it.

ETA- Found it in the Volume+ App/ not in settings.

chadh1

Reaction score
I know I posted in here before, but when on its side, my keyboard has been lagging and its rather annoying. When up and down it seems to work just fine. Is there anyway to improve this? Or no?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only bug I've ran into is multitouch. Try moving around in Modern Combat 3 while trying to aim, it's not possible 3/4 of the time. That's the only time this phone has failed to perform to me. And NFL Mobile...

Yep. That's it for me too, Dezy. I love this phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

holdout

Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone mention this before and not really sure that it's a bug, but when I adjust the volume the sound totally drops out and then returns to the adjusted volume, kinda weird.

Second, and if anyone can explain this I'd appreciate it, but when my phone rings and when I pull it out of my pocket I grab it by the sides and it just stops ringing and the screen is dark. The call is there but I have to press the Power button to bring the screen to life. FWIW, I don't have a case on it. ???

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone mention this before and not really sure that it's a bug, but when I adjust the volume the sound totally drops out and then returns to the adjusted volume, kinda weird.

Second, and if anyone can explain this I'd appreciate it, but when my phone rings and when I pull it out of my pocket I grab it by the sides and it just stops ringing and the screen is dark. The call is there but I have to press the Power button to bring the screen to life. FWIW, I don't have a case on it. ???

Your second "issue" is likely caused because when you grab the phone by the sides, you press in the power button slightly. I've had this happen to me twice and both times I believe this was the cause.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

I adjust my volume alot and never noticed. Just earlier today I was cleaning the backyard while listening to google music and adjusted the volume numerous times, never noticed a total drop/mute in volume.

kmo

Reaction score
one more.thing: design flaws bug me more than anything. The volume rockers are opposite the power button so that means a lot of.accidental volume changes. Also the phone feels like holding a bar of soap. I had to get a.case just so i dont constantantly have the feeli.g tbat Im going to drop it.
I know what you mean, I would love to use this device without a case but it is so damn slippery to the touch....otherwise no real complaints, loving this new Nexus.

rlb

Reaction score
I know what you mean, I would love to use this device without a case but it is so damn slippery to the touch....otherwise no real complaints, loving this new Nexus.

I'm on my 3rd case and I like this one the best (Diztronic). I'm also considering going with a skin, but I'm not sure I want to spend $20 on it just to mess it up while applying. I try to be really careful with that stuff but it never works out....

GenieAngel

Reaction score
You're lucky. Don't jinx it.

On my second Nexus and having problems. Maybe I have too many apps on it? But what are smartphones for!?

orion2001

Reaction score
I agree with the OP. I put off buying the GN till last week because of all the complaints about bugs, etc. I've had absolutely no issues with my phone and ICS on the GN is surprisingly smooth, polished and bug free for being a brand new OS. Heck, my wife's Gingerbread based Rezound has had more minor bugs than my phone so far.

The only real bug that is very widespread is the high battery usage of "Android System". If Google can fix that, then the GN can be a monster of a phone in the battery life department. It has very low power consumption at idle.