PS3 controller with GSM Gnex

thesavvymage

Reaction score
Hi all, so I'm about to buy the unlocked GSM Gnex straight from Google, but I found this accessory called the gameklip (GameKlip - Real controller for real games). Basically it just attaches a ps3 controller securely to the phone. What I am wondering, is will I be able to use the PS3 on the GSM Gnex without root access? I know root is required for the wireless connection along with the sixaxis app, but I can't find anywhere online if it will work as a wired connection without rooting it. If anyone has experience with this and would like to let me know, that would be great!

Not really sure why I don't want to root it, I am just not entirely comfortable with the idea.

Also, I realize I may not even be on the right website since everything else I can find is for the verizon Gnex, but since the S3 is at the top of the page, I figured a non-verizon Gnex might be relevant as well.

Thanks!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
s3 is now on Verizon:p

As for your question, I don't think it would work through a direct connect, the ps3 controller doesn't work like that. It connects via bluetooth, the only thing the usb does is sync it with the ps3 at the initial setup and then charges the controller.

What makes you uncomfortable about rooting? Just out of curiosity.