PDANET works well with Tbolt

medicnj

Reaction score
Just wanted to share a little info on PDANET . If you tether your TB to a PC using PDANET, you CAN actually make calls while surfing. An easy non root way of using your unlimited data plan.

I was at a VZ store and asked them about the wifi hotspot the TB offers and was told you can NOT talk and wifi tether at the same time.

Plus wifi Tether for the TB will be $ 30 / month. Not so sure I want to do that... Don't want to root right now as I'll loose everything too, so for now that's not an option although I would love to hear if wifi tether is able to support infrastructure on the TB.

Thanks

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Thanks for posting. I use PDANet regularly and I wanted to ask how well it works on TB

DroidStang

Reaction score
I actually love the PDA net..I bought easytether, and had nothing but headaches, it won't stay in the tray no matter TB hooked up or not hooked when you boot up. when it prompts me to pay for PDANet I hear like 24.00, I paid 9.95 for easy tether and emailing their support bounces back as bad email address, when was able to get easy tether to worked worked well, but only way I got to show in tray was uninstall, reinstall....then lately no matter what option I chose keep getting that no disk in drive e or if try another usb port no disk drive E..and solutions here?

BrendanR

Reaction score
I saw the thread and hooked my pdanet for the first time, it worked great. I'm in a 4g area and got 16 down and 5 up.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

blitzburgh39

Reaction score
Just wanted to share a little info on PDANET . If you tether your TB to a PC using PDANET, you CAN actually make calls while surfing. An easy non root way of using your unlimited data plan.

I was at a VZ store and asked them about the wifi hotspot the TB offers and was told you can NOT talk and wifi tether at the same time.

Plus wifi Tether for the TB will be $ 30 / month. Not so sure I want to do that... Don't want to root right now as I'll loose everything too, so for now that's not an option although I would love to hear if wifi tether is able to support infrastructure on the TB.

Thanks
I dont know if that is all true. A) you mean the hotspot is 30 a month. true. but it is free until may 15th.. which is pretty nice. B)wifi-tether=free.

I also hope it is infrastructure too so i can connect my ps3 to it. connecting my laptop adhoc to my phone and then ethernet to my ps3 is becoming a pain.

im getting my thunderbolt tomorrow :D err... well0 technically... later today.. o_O

givmedew

Reaction score
oh i am sorry I take back my previous statement PDANet works without rooting I remember using it on my first droid so then I guess that is why someone might use it over wifi tether lol

funkyb

Reaction score

Thanks
I dont know if that is all true. A) you mean the hotspot is 30 a month. true. but it is free until may 15th.. which is pretty nice. B)wifi-tether=free.

I also hope it is infrastructure too so i can connect my ps3 to it. connecting my laptop adhoc to my phone and then ethernet to my ps3 is becoming a pain.

im getting my thunderbolt tomorrow :D err... well0 technically... later today.. o_O

Bandwidth is great on 4G, but latency is way to high for good use with game consoles.