PDANet+ "WiFi Share" doesn't seem to do anything...

Laurence5905

Reaction score
I have PDANet+ v. 4.15 installed on both my laptop and my Galaxy S4. I have a great 4G Internet connection via USB-tether between my S4 and my laptop... (SpeedTest.net shows 22.29 Mbps down and 2.58 Mbps up.) I'm using my PDANet+ USB-tethered connection to write this post right now. It's clearly working perfectly.

On the laptop, if I right-click the PDANet icon in the tray in the lower-right corner, there is an option called "WiFi Share...", which I assume will allow me to use the WiFi card in my laptop as if it were a WiFi hotspot, sharing my USB-connected phone with any WiFi devices near my laptop...

But when I click on that WiFi Share option, it does absolutely nothing... How do I get this WiFi Share option to work?

(In case you're wondering, the reason I'm trying to get this to work is because I expect to lose my PDANet+ WiFi hotspot ability if/when Android 4.4 is released for the S4, but I still need to have a WiFi hotspot even if I have to use my laptop to do it -- thus I really want to get this WiFi Share option working on my laptop, just in case.)

FYI: My laptop is running Windows 8.1, and has a Killer Wireless-N 1202 dual-band WiFi card installed.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

blwn327

Reaction score
Set up a pin on your s4,open pda net/fox fi(I also installed foxfi and foxfi add-on) and turn on wifi. Your phone is now a " wireless router" and have created the hotspot. You shouldn't need pda net turned on on your laptop. Your laptop should recognize your phone hotspot. Make sure to set up a password for pda net on your phone so ppl aren't leeching off your phone data.

Jdanner46

Reaction score
I think 4.4 screws up plant and foxfi so they don't work. Pressure from carriers is my guess

droidworld

Reaction score
It has been mentioned not to upgrade OS otherwise it will not work

galaxy s4