Parental Controls

hmedme

Reaction score
Good evening,

Can anyone recommend a parental control app? I just hooked my daughter up with a Fascinate on Verizon, but I'm struggling to find a way to restrict the device.

I have tried Trend Micro Mobile Security, a product by Cybersitter, a product by netnanny and I have not been too impressed.

Thanks for any help with this...

H

ronan

Reaction score
I know a software that might help it is a screen monitoring software called time doctor. It has different kind of monitoring like screen monitoring that take an accurate picture of what a person do in the computer and it can monitor which website ,application, document is actively being use and also which website does spend time most.More information.

thereegavin

Reaction score
Thanks for any help with this...

seo4.jpg
signature.jpg

xiaoliu3.jpg

Yellowhammer

Reaction score
Just be aware that at some point, your child will gain the knowledge to bypass parental controls. I used parental controls on my kid's computers until they turned 10. But by 8 years old, they new how to dual boot and use virtual box on a PC. By 9 they new how to root and ROM phones. At 10 they were building server machines with Raspberry PI computers, and screwing with my router port forwarding. It's been a challenge to keep up with these boys.I guess my point is: Parental controls are only successful with impossibly honest kids (and kids under 8). At some point, you have to trust that you raised them right. But make sure you look over their shoulder, and let them know you are looking. And don't spy; you don't want your child to distrust you. That is my 2 cents.

pnikosis

Reaction score
There are some parental control apps that work as a launcher, so they can somehow block the access to unwanted apps and features. You can try toddle locker (I'm on the mobile, so can't put links easily, sorry), but maybe is targeted for younger kids than your daughter.

Also you can try Zoodles, which is very nice, and provides activities and additional games, and reports of the device usage at their web, is quite nice.

Finally, you can try MILAN Playground (disclaimer: I'm the developer of this one), where you can create a profile with the apps you want available for your daughter, and present them on an interactive desktop (the desktop itself is like a game). By request of my client, the app will be a paid one very soon though (using an unlocker), but you can try the current version and use it normally for free if you don't update to the next version.