Parental Control App that Limits Time Used

kjakeb

Reaction score
Hi,

I've noticed that there are a lot of parental control apps on the market for restricting the use of specific apps (i.e. a sandbox), but I haven't found any which limit the amount of time children can use the phone each day. Are there any apps out there which have this functionality? Thanks in advance!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Vzw has that. Its 5$ per month, and you can lock down data usage and times the data can be used... safe lists for numbers to call and be called from. Check it out, it works well.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

jbeach66

Reaction score
The verizon control mentioned is not an app.

Hi,

I've noticed that there are a lot of parental control apps on the market for restricting the use of specific apps (i.e. a sandbox), but I haven't found any which limit the amount of time children can use the phone each day. Are there any apps out therewhich have this functionality? Thanks in advance!

The verizon control mentioned is not an app, you pay $5 per month to control a childs phone use on the verizon wireless web site. This way it is contolled right from verizon, the child would probally easily kill an app from running and then reboot
when done.

It works well, we lock down all use from 10 pm until school is out at 3pm and open it up for the weekends. You can preprogram restricted hours for each day of the week.It blocks data, texts, and phone calls from and to anyone except for our two phones we added to the safe caller list. 911 is always available. You are also allowed to put usage restrictions so they can not go over data caps ect.

We used to have problems getting the child out of bed because he was up all night texting. We also got the calls from school because he was messing with the phone in
school. All the problems go away. The only problem you will have is the child
complaining his friends do not have their phone go dead at 10pm. My response has
been for their parents to give me a call so I can tell them how to do it.

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Exactly why I suggested it.. you can't sidestep it ;)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!