P3Droid: Some Food for Thought - Bootloaders, Rooting, Manufacturers, and Carriers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
When I upgraded to GB and booted into it the first time it was a little buggy, so I went back into recovery mode and wiped the cache and it has been running awesome ever since, which is almost a week.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
When I upgraded to GB and booted into it the first time it was a little buggy, so I went back into recovery mode and wiped the cache and it has been running awesome ever since, which is almost a week.

Dude you totally broke your ToS by doing that............................I kid I kid

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I just callled Verizon and told them I wanted an LTE device. They said we have the Thunderbolt. I said great ill take it we then went through the process and then I heard silence.

I asked the Rep if she was there and she responded "hold on one second please" I asked if their was something wrong. She said "yes you are rooted and you aren't getting a 4 G phone." "You can kick rocks sir!" I said "wait a minute how do you know that" she then told me "we pushed out an update and you didn't update to it so we put you in a data base of bad men who will never get LTE."

I thought she was joking. I told her I payed my bill every month and have been a good customer. She told me "too bad you're rooted and that's bad!" I asked her why she didn't contact me first and she said she didn't have to because I'm rooted and bad. "No LTE for you!"

So there you have it. No LTE for me.

Sent from my Droid

Doulandroid

Reaction score
Luckily 5g infinite term revolution (itr) will be handled by the global government around 2015,so nano-core cpu implants will be self aware. Therefore enabling us to reason with them, as opposed to the major carriers in control now.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Luckily 5g infinite term revolution (itr) will be handled by the global government around 2015,so nano-core cpu implants will be self aware. Therefore enabling us to reason with them, as opposed to the major carriers in control now.

and then there was Skygen

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I just callled Verizon and told them I wanted an LTE device. They said we have the Thunderbolt. I said great ill take it we then went through the process and then I heard silence.

I asked the Rep if she was there and she responded "hold on one second please" I asked if their was something wrong. She said "yes you are rooted and you aren't getting a 4 G phone." "You can kick rocks sir!" I said "wait a minute how do you know that" she then told me "we pushed out an update and you didn't update to it so we put you in a data base of bad men who will never get LTE."

I thought she was joking. I told her I payed my bill every month and have been a good customer. She told me "too bad you're rooted and that's bad!" I asked her why she didn't contact me first and she said she didn't have to because I'm rooted and bad. "No LTE for you!"

Sent from my Droid

CK, you *are* kidding - aren't you?

-Mike

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
We need to call AT&T and Sprint and locate John Conner before the stuff hits the fan. Gotta protect him.....at all costs.

AlBundy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Skygen...I thought it was Skynet that was coming for us :icon_evil:

DoctorDeDroid

Reaction score

Sent from my Droid

When I got the 2.2.2 update notification... I dutifully accepted it. The only problem was the damn update didn't stick. In other words it failed to install. I wonder if morons at the VZW are now assuming that I am rooted. The update Installed on my wife's phone but it took me 2 hours to undo the mess it made of her settings... Perhaps I should send them a bill for my hourly rate.

rkeller62

Reaction score
And thank you all for making this the funniest thread I have read on here

Wait, there are 2 black helos hovering over my house with red vzw logos on them. Ck, what should I do now?? Is it too late to sbf my Droid back to stock???

Status
Not open for further replies.