P3 Droid Says He Has Some Gingerbread Coming for Us.

Flowah

Reaction score
If I make a backup while rooted on Liberty 1.5, and I install this GB 2.3.3, I know I lose root. Do I also lose the ability to go back to my rooted update on liberty 1.5 through clockwork recovery? Or if I decide I want to go back, can I just pop back into the CRM menu and restore?

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
If I make a backup while rooted on Liberty 1.5, and I install this GB 2.3.3, I know I lose root. Do I also lose the ability to go back to my rooted update on liberty 1.5 through clockwork recovery? Or if I decide I want to go back, can I just pop back into the CRM menu and restore?

You would have to sbf and reroot and then restore your backup to get
back to liberty.

zoo16

Reaction score
Ok, have a few questions. (This is the first leaked update that I'm actually considering using on my phone.) I've got the Bootstrap backup completed, and want to know if I will be able to restore my contacts/texts/etc after installing Gingerbread? Or will I have to go back to Froyo before I can restore them?

Edit: Went ahead and installed GB. WOW! This thing flies! My contact info and photos all saved (even though it did bootloop and I had to do a wipe). But my texts disappeared. The hype was not false: it is like I got a whole new phone!

Last edited: