Owner Info on Main Screen

iHope

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to put a message on the "lock" screen? In other words, if I lose my phone and someone finds it, the first screen they will see is the on that you have to move your finger from left to right to unlock the screen.

Since that will be the first screen they see, I'd like to be able to put something like, "If found, call iHope @ 222-333-4444." I have this on my Blackberry currently and am hoping I can do something with the Droid.

Stigy

Reaction score
This would require a modification of the home screen.

This has been done on the Dream (TMobile G1) so it definitely is possible and maybe with the write developer and it can be ported over the Droid.

Check it out here (pressing the red button would bring up contact info):
4079362447_a78aeab3c3_o.png

G

godanigo

This would require a modification of the home screen.

This has been done on the Dream (TMobile G1) so it definitely is possible and maybe with the write developer and it can be ported over the Droid.

Check it out here (pressing the red button would bring up contact info):
4079362447_a78aeab3c3_o.png

Oooohh that's pretty.

Droider

Reaction score
There's an app called "ICE: In Case of Emergency" that puts info on the lock screen. It's designed so to give information to paramedics that might find you unconscious. You might be able to use just to say "If phone is found, please calll xxx-xxx-xxxx."

You might also see if there's any other Market apps that can put a message on the lock screen.

truexpert

Reaction score
I installed the ICE App and it didnt do s**t. So if there is an extra step that im missing then please do tell and clarify.

wlemammoth

Reaction score
I haven't used ICE, but Executive Assistant will put a 'call if found' on its own custom lockscreen.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Anti-virus apps are not recommended for Android. There have been no reported viruses thus far and only one case of malware.

AVG antivirus free app allows you to set a lock screen message. :)

DroidForums junkie!!

kathi.g1026

Reaction score
Anti-virus apps are not recommended for Android. There have been no reported viruses thus far and only one case of malware.

thanks for the info! i am still pretty new to this, although i admit the home page of this forum might have led me to believe otherwise. forgive me....i am still wading through all of the hoards of reading material!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No need for apologies, we're all learning. I use to run them too until I got my gf a D2 and noticed the name and number kept changing to someone else's info!! A quick search here revealed the issue and why they weren't needed. Just passing along what I've learned. :)

thanks for the info! i am still pretty new to this, although i admit the home page of this forum might have led me to believe otherwise. forgive me....i am still wading through all of the hoards of reading material!

DroidForums junkie!!