Setting Owner Information?

holee

Reaction score
Is there a way I can set up owner information either in the Droid, or in Google Contacts?

Most phones I've used have either a field or an app that identifies the name and sometimes contact information for the phone's owner. This information can sometimes be used in other apps as well.

I don't see a way to do that in Google Contacts, but can it be done on the Droid? From what I've read, some of the HTC Android phones have this feature.

I could see this being used not just to identify the phone's owner if it gets lost, but voice short cuts like "Drive Home." I know I can just add my own information under my name, but I'm looking for a dedicated field.

In this thread, it mentions that there may be an app down the line that enables some of this functionality for the lock screen. I'm trying to see if there's something that exists today, though. Having that information avaialble via the lock screen's nice though.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/1823-owner-info-main-screen.html