Android 1.6 Lock Screen

Hremz

Reaction score
Is it possible to get the lock screen that is on the older android devices (ie. HTC Dream) version 1.6 I suppose. I really prefer a lock screen that requires some sort of code to unlock, but I don't want to get Lock 2.0 because...it's too...iPhone-esque, and that's what I'm trying to avoid. If I wanted it to look like an iPhone I'd switch to AT&T...but the Android 1.6 lock screen was sleek and original, at least I'd never seen it on any device before. I mean...I wouldn't mind something simple like a 4-digit passcode but I'd prefer something good looking. Something like a password, like on the BlackBerry devices are a little much for me. That's why the Android 1.6 lock screen is so perfect for me.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can point me in the right direction

Regards,
Hremz

ch0sen0ne

Reaction score
I'm not sure what the old one looks like but 2.0 has the pattern unlock which is pretty cool to me. Have you tried it?

OP
H

Hremz

Reaction score
Oh. I don't actually own a Droid yet. So I haven't seen all of the features. But if what you say is true, than I don't need an app. The Android 1.6 lock screen was just a pattern unlock, if I remember correctly. But I've only seen the lock screen on 2.0 as the "slide to unlock" screen.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Hremz

Dommzyd

Reaction score
unlocking-android.jpg

That's what the pattern unlock looks like. You can set it to whatever pattern you'd like, as long as you connect at least four of the circles.
Just go into the settings, location & security, set unlock pattern (when/if you get the Droid of course).

OP
H

Hremz

Reaction score
Alright. That's what I figured. I just hadn't seen it on 2.0 so I assumed they had gotten rid of it.

Thank you.

Regards,
Hremz