Owner comparison of iPhone, Incredible, and Droid

OP
IamGov

IamGov

Reaction score
With all due respect to the OP and the level of devices that they have owned, That's a short period of time for so many devices, so I beg to wonder how one truly gets to know a device in a relative short period of time? I say this out of support for the Moto Droid. Sure, the Incredible is a great phone specs wise, but when I went to the store to get some hands on time with it, other than doing some things faster, the overall factor wasn't there. The Sense UI doesn't appeal to me at all. The lack of physical keyboard is a huge detractor to me. No dedicated camera button was also a major pain point as I couldn't figure out how to take a damn picture while playing with it. My Jeep may not do some of the things a higher spec'd suv may, but it works fine for me is what I'm saying here.

Bottom line, the rumour mill has some nice devices coming down the pipeline that will pique my interest once again (and keyboards sound like they will be making a re-appearance on some of these flagship devices). I'm hoping for something that will make me want to switch, but there's nothing there yet. I've had the iPhone, the Pre, and the Storm all within the past 1.5 years. There just hasn't been anything that has held my interest like this Moto Droid. OP, I respect your opinion and your knowledge, but on your point of the Droid, let's agree to disagree there.

1. I have owned the phones anywhere in between 2 weeks and 3 months. The Droid was my longest own with about 5 months.

2. After you have enough phones you tend to know exactly what to look for and what you want from it. I have gotten to the point where I can tell if a phone is going to work for me in about 2 weeks, or one good weekend.

3. I respect your opinion on the Droid, but I would like to say that my view point on the Droid is that is the best phone with a QWERTY keyboard. I just wish that Moto would have put blur or some other sense UI on it.

Just to offer an option about how one can own so many phones so quickly - one possibility is as follows: I owned the Blackberry Storm, the Storm 2, the Motorola Droid and now the HTC Incredible. However, I only owned the Storm 2 and Motorola Droid for about 2-3 weeks each. In both cases, I played with each phone, used applications, etc. and determined after two weekends and full work weeks that I was not getting what I wanted or expected. I returned both and kept my original Storm until the Incredible arrived.

Now mind you, I don't make a habit out of buying and returning phones just to test them. I liked the original Storm, but had a button tear off of it (they are just thin covers) when I pulled it from the case one day. I got a refurbished one and had nothing but problems ever since. I returned 3 refurbished Storms only to have different problems each time. And I HATE the RIM browser. On a side note, I sincerely hope RIM gets it right with the BB 6.0 OS rumored to be released this summer. So, I couldn't stand it any more and bough a Storm 2. After a few days, I felt I had paid for the Storm 1 with a different click on the keyboard.

So I waited and was talked into a Droid by a sales person at Verizon when I went in for yet another Storm problem. In the end, I wasn't a huge Motorola Droid fan due to the slide-out keyboard. I should have known better, as I was SICK of clicking on the Storm, and wasn't a fan of the Moto's virtual keyboard.

So, I have played with and briefly owned a few of the Verizon smart phones, but I really only owned two of them.

And after all of that, let me say that I'm pleased with my Incredible so far. Had some battery issues, and I occasionally get a problem where a part of the OS seems to crash, but it resets itself seamlessly and doesn't seem to cause other problems. Looks like Google got it right. Sorry Apple, you aren't alone on a pedestal anymore :)

The BlackBerry browser is a total deal breaker. Anyone with half a smartphone sense either has Opera or no BB because of the browser....LoL