DROID Incredible vs. Thunderbolt vs. Apple iPhone

MLA414

Reaction score
Get an incredible or wait till the iphone5 comes out, as stated above. I heard the TB didnt have good battery life at all and it is also a bit pricy. I love my incredible, it does everything i need it to. Its my slave :p

It seriously comes down to preferance. The incredible or iphone5 should be your two main options.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
Get an incredible or wait till the iphone5 comes out, as stated above. I heard the TB didnt have good battery life at all and it is also a bit pricy. I love my incredible, it does everything i need it to. Its my slave :p

It seriously comes down to preferance. The incredible or iphone5 should be your two main options.

You're right. My Incredible does everything I need it to do.

OP
little.miss.ink

little.miss.ink

Reaction score
I have an Incredible... why in the world would I want to sign a 2 year contract and get stuck with another when I already have a broken one? The battery life on the Incredible sucks too. The whole point is, I'm out of contract with a broken phone, I used to work for Verizon and T-Mobile I know how to work the system to get the newest phones for the best price, or nothing. So why shouldn't I get a better phone while I can, right?
I'm leaning toward the TB. Expandable memory, big screen, new UI, Gingerbread, faster processor, comes with an additional 32gb of memory, FF camera (which I happen to like), and I just don't think I want to stray from Droid. The iPhone has no capability for a memory card, you have to pay for how much memory you want, the camera is only 5mpx, it just doesn't seem to stack up. I think if I really want an Apple product, I'll ask for an iPad for Christmas.

Sent from DROID Incredible using DroidForums

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
I have an Incredible... why in the world would I want to sign a 2 year contract and get stuck with another when I already have a broken one? The battery life on the Incredible sucks too. The whole point is, I'm out of contract with a broken phone, I used to work for Verizon and T-Mobile I know how to work the system to get the newest phones for the best price, or nothing. So why shouldn't I get a better phone while I can, right?
I'm leaning toward the TB. Expandable memory, big screen, new UI, Gingerbread, faster processor, comes with an additional 32gb of memory, FF camera (which I happen to like), and I just don't think I want to stray from Droid. The iPhone has no capability for a memory card, you have to pay for how much memory you want, the camera is only 5mpx, it just doesn't seem to stack up. I think if I really want an Apple product, I'll ask for an iPad for Christmas.

I personally do not like the iphone 4 but the iphone 4 has a better camera then most 8 megapixel camera phones because it has a larger image sensor.

Sent from the Bolt powered by Thunder using DroidForums app

illmatic636

Reaction score

If your phone is broke. and you have no ins then upgrade. If not, do like the rest of us do and pick up a Previously owned INc or Whatever.
The begining of this thread sounded as if you were comparing between the 3 devices, then it became a "Hurry, I need to make a decesion" thing. I'm not sure where this thread is going, but IMO, I'd rather unsubscribe..

Good luck:icon_ banana:

OP
little.miss.ink

little.miss.ink

Reaction score
Yes, at first I was comparing the TWO. I've had my Incredible quite long enough to know how it works...
But if you had read my follow-up post, my giant dog stepped on and broke my screen so the situation became more urgent in having to make a decision. I have insurance which seems utterly useless, because the deductible for a "tier 3 smartphone" (iPhone, aircards, the Incredible) is something like $120-$150 which is more than a brand-new iPhone on a 2-year agreement costs. I've gotten no real answers or help to my questions here that I've rephrased many different ways... "get an Incredible!" Why in hell would I sign away another 2 years of my life to the exact same phone when my contract is up and the whole point is that I should be taking advantage of the newer better phones now out? THAT is the point of this thread... whats so difficult to understand about that?
Lol... You suggested I unsubscribe? Who cares what you suggest? Certainly not me... I suggest that you blow off and mind your own business, since you have nothing relevant or useful to say. Thanks, though, for having me repeat myself a 5th time to you and your follow numbskulls who can't put down the bong long enough to understand my quandary. People read every other word, hit reply, and think they're being helpful. All I wanted to know was, if anybody had ever switched from DROID to iPhone, why, what their thoughts were on the switch and if it was positive or negative. Go ahead and look, its in my OP. All I got was babbling nonsense. So go find another thread to crap on.
I'll get the Thunderbolt, a decision I came about by my own devices. Thanks for all your "help", DROIDforum.

Sent from my broken DROID Incredible using DroidForums

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Not exactly sure why you are getting upset. The poster before you said THEY would rather unsubscribe, not that you should. So maybe real in some of the anger towards the post and read what they are saying again.

As far as babbling, were we reading the same thread? There was actually some very sound and good advice on there. I don't see why you suddenly went off the deep end and got angry with everyone. There was good points made across the board on the thread.

MLA414

Reaction score
Dont get a TB. If you think the incredibles battery life is bad,the TBs is 10x worse (so ive heard from friends that owned it). I found that its all about location. My droid seems to last a day/day and a half with moderate-heavy use, but at my school it normally lasts a day with light to moderate usage. Id get an incredible still, but if you have the privilages to get a better phone for a lower price do research. Id say no to the TB, yes to the iphone, and YES! to the incredible. Inc, iphone, and d2 are probably the best smartphones out on verizon right now. If you dont like my advice, theres always blackberry >.>

MLA414

Reaction score
Yes, at first I was comparing the TWO. I've had my Incredible quite long enough to know how it works...
But if you had read my follow-up post, my giant dog stepped on and broke my screen so the situation became more urgent in having to make a decision. I have insurance which seems utterly useless, because the deductible for a "tier 3 smartphone" (iPhone, aircards, the Incredible) is something like $120-$150 which is more than a brand-new iPhone on a 2-year agreement costs. I've gotten no real answers or help to my questions here that I've rephrased many different ways... "get an Incredible!" Why in hell would I sign away another 2 years of my life to the exact same phone when my contract is up and the whole point is that I should be taking advantage of the newer better phones now out? THAT is the point of this thread... whats so difficult to understand about that?
Lol... You suggested I unsubscribe? Who cares what you suggest? Certainly not me... I suggest that you blow off and mind your own business, since you have nothing relevant or useful to say. Thanks, though, for having me repeat myself a 5th time to you and your follow numbskulls who can't put down the bong long enough to understand my quandary. People read every other word, hit reply, and think they're being helpful. All I wanted to know was, if anybody had ever switched from DROID to iPhone, why, what their thoughts were on the switch and if it was positive or negative. Go ahead and look, its in my OP. All I got was babbling nonsense. So go find another thread to crap on.
I'll get the Thunderbolt, a decision I came about by my own devices. Thanks for all your "help", DROIDforum.

Maybe you just need to hit a bong and chill. The inc2 is comin out in may(?) if you could wait that long. Relax, enjoy your phone, enjoy life. Please refrain from acting like an emotional scene girl on a thread created by you asking help from the community.

MLA414

Reaction score
And can i ask why a 100lb dog was able to step on your phone? Dont consider buying a new phone if you cant even take care of what you have. Stick with a preowned until you become more careful and aware of your phones. :)

CsonkaBear

Reaction score

My my my, lil' Miss "I'm all that". Everyone gave you not only good advice, but a variety of it.

You seem to have an agenda of "If I don't get an answer quick enough, I will stamp my feet". Get over yourself.

Never bite the hand that is attempting to feed you.

Codemaster1

Reaction score

After seeing your posts, and how many people tried to help, now all I see is:

WAAAHHH, WAAAAAHHH!!!

Want some cheese to go with that whine? If you don't like it here then don't post here, see how that works?

Drew_P

Reaction score
Wow some real animosity on this thread. This is what I got out of reading.....first you asked for opinions. Then many different opinions were given. Then it seems like you misunderstood some of the suggestions. I think what some were saying was to get a used inc off the net to hold you over til other phones besides the thunderbolt came out. Simple misunderstanding. Then all the backlash. Here's my two cents....you said you chose to get a tb, great choice!!! I've had mine since day one and can say nothing bad about it. Battery life was bad the first two days and has increased everyday since. I easily get more than a full day with everything turned on and actually using my phone. You made a good choice. Enjoy your new phone and don't worry about the haters that secretly are jealous of the awesome power of 4G lol.

finally thunderboltin' and lovin it!!!!!

Drew_P

Reaction score
Sorry, one more post....I noticed some of your info was incorrect. You said what's the difference between froyo 2.1 and 2.2. In fact its eclair 2.1 and froyo 2.2. Gingerbread is 2.3, which is not on the tb out the box. I read an update is coming though. Also I know I'm nit picking but I noticed you reference the Android OS as Droid several times. Droid is a name Verizon puts on certain phones...inc, x, Eris, bionic, etc.... I know it doesn't count for much, but just wanted to inform you cause I know some tech people on here would eat you alive for it lol. Again, great choice on the tb and enjoy!!!

finally thunderboltin' and lovin it!!!!!

jdm627

Reaction score
New always it´s new! but reading all the thread I think Incredible still like a good option for me, and TB it´s relative better but the price!!! And 4G depend off your area for better conection