Overclocking kernel

tejens

Reaction score
Hello, newbie here. I've overclocked my droid before using SetCPU which I downloaded from the market. But, after froyo it limits the droid to the max clock of 800mhz, and I hardly notice any difference between the stock and overclocked speeds. I've heard about overclock kernels but I'm not sure which one's the best for froyo(FRG22D). So, any suggestions?

Reaction score
Hello, newbie here. I've overclocked my droid before using SetCPU which I downloaded from the market. But, after froyo it limits the droid to the max clock of 800mhz, and I hardly notice any difference between the stock and overclocked speeds. I've heard about overclock kernels but I'm not sure which one's the best for froyo(FRG22D). So, any suggestions?

I assume your rooted already, so you can download Rom Manager from the Market, and try a few chevy Kernels out. They install real easy, and remember to always make backups of your current rom. :)

I believe there are other OC kernels you can dl from RM as well.

OP
tejens

tejens

Reaction score
Yup, rooted for sure, but I also wanted to use the new UD 8 rom. Will I be able to the chevy kernel with it? Sorry I didn't mention this previously.

jrmdroid

Reaction score
Yup, rooted for sure, but I also wanted to use the new UD 8 rom. Will I be able to the chevy kernel with it? Sorry I didn't mention this previously.

UD 8.0 should be like any other rooted rom out there where you can change the kernal at any time you wish. You can use Rom Manager to flash or use recovary to flash it. Chevy's kernals should work, you just need to try them out to see which one works best with your droid 1.

OP
tejens

tejens

Reaction score
Works great! Got the new UD rom and flashed the chevy kernel into it. I've never had the droid run so smooth. It's FREAKIN AMAZING!!! Thanks guys!