Droid MFLOPS

lcpunkrawk

Reaction score
So I was searching through overclock information the other day and came across someone on another forum asking about the linpack benchmarks for the Moto Droid and how people were getting 30+ megaflops. Everyone assured him that those people were running Froyo with the JIT compiler to get those numbers.

Here's where I'm confused, though: someone said the stock Droid should get around 4 MFLOPS. I'm currently running BBv1.1 with ChevyNo1's 1.2GHz ULV kernel (though most of the time just at 800MHz), and I am getting only ~1.5 MFLOPS. What gives?

Next I decided to try out Jitter and enable JIT, just to see what would happen. It helped...but only up to ~2.5. I pumped SetCPU to 1.2GHz and checked again, but I never reached over ~2.7. Is it possible I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
1.5 mflops? Are you using linpack to test this?

JCo352

Reaction score
Wow, that's really low, my highest is 16 something. There is someone on these forums that got 50+ MFLOPS, not running Froyo.

OP
L

lcpunkrawk

Reaction score
Yes I am.

Also, I don't know if it will help any, but the Set CPU benchmarks were giving me:

JIT
Long: ~3900ms
Short: ~230ms

JIT off
Long: ~6900ms
Short: ~300ms

All at 800MHz

*Edit: mixed up long/short

Last edited:

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Something is wrong with your kernel...grab a new one...1.5 is INSANELY low. I haven't tested mflops in a while, but if I had to guess, a BB running a 1 ghz kernel should get at least a 8.5

OP
L

lcpunkrawk

Reaction score
Thanks, the kernel was my first guess too.

Unfortunately after just now trying many different kernels (Adamz, Chevy, Bekit, P3Droid) at different voltages, I get no different readings. I'm kind of at a loss...I thought this "speed" was normal. Is there any process that is known to destroy linpack benchmarks? I'm pretty sure I killed all non-essential processes.

rustynail09

Reaction score
I'm getting 8.1+ on my stock ESE81 ROM with ChevyNo1's UlowV 1.0ghz 7 slot... something is definitely wrong!

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hm...very odd...is your Droid slow? For example, if you are on your home screen, while at 800 mhz, how long does it take for the Droid to pop up the window? And is the pop up animation laggy?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
your setcpu readings are jacked, too... or you flip-flopped the numbers?

OP
L

lcpunkrawk

Reaction score
Pop up animations are only laggy when I use a live wallpaper. They are usually instant when I have one, just low framerate on the animations (like the app flyin for LauncherPro). Otherwise they are instant and smooth.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh whoops...I'll fix that, thanks.

it's weird - your short bench numbers actually look pretty good, but your long numbers are really high... maybe someone smarter than me can use that to deduce the problem :icon_eek:

Last edited:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
did you have this issue pre-BB1.1?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah I have no idea what's wrong, but if your Droid is fast and smooth, then benchmarks shouldn't matter.