Droid MFLOPS

OP
L

lcpunkrawk

Reaction score
Pre BBv1.1 I was running stock 2.1 with root, and overclocked to 800MHz as well, it was getting half the MFLOPS.

How well do live wallpapers work for everyone else? Do they make the phone lag a little? Not enough to be unusable, but noticeable? I just realize I started overclocking as soon as 2.1 was released, so I don't think I know what it's like on the stock kernel.

I'm hoping it's some app I have running and not my processor, or that linpack is just lying to me... :icon_eek:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
titans is right... if it's not noticeably crappy, you're probably fine

if it's even a remotely linear tie between your scores and the feel of your phone, then based on everybody else's scores compared to yours, yours would feel horrible at those scores... so if it feels fine, it probably is... like you said, maybe something is interfering with measuring for the scores

you could always go to the trouble of shooting a quick video of you maneuvering around in your phone, and be told real quick if your phone appears to be running ok or not

and, even overclocked, i don't use live wallpapers as they add just a hint of lag that i don't like when i know what it feels like without that lag :)

OP
L

lcpunkrawk

Reaction score
Good news everyone! /Farnsworth

I had been running my CPU at 800 max/250 min for the tests. I tried it out at 800/800 and BOOM - 7.5 mflops. Then I tried 1200/1200 and I hit 11. *facepalm* Thanks to everyone who went on this unneccesary wild goose chase trying to help me.

One more quick question though...I had the min set to 250 to save battery, is it worth the performance to move that up? Seeing as I get 1.5 mflops otherwise...I'm guessing so. Any suggestions on your preferences?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Nah keep the min at 250. If you keep it at 1 ghz, it will be forced to work that hard constantly.

Taegost

Reaction score
Good news everyone! /Farnsworth

I had been running my CPU at 800 max/250 min for the tests. I tried it out at 800/800 and BOOM - 7.5 mflops. Then I tried 1200/1200 and I hit 11. *facepalm* Thanks to everyone who went on this unneccesary wild goose chase trying to help me.

One more quick question though...I had the min set to 250 to save battery, is it worth the performance to move that up? Seeing as I get 1.5 mflops otherwise...I'm guessing so. Any suggestions on your preferences?

Yeah, keep it lower to save battery. What do you have the governor set to in SetCPU? When I set it to Ondemand, I get slightly lower scores then if I use Performance. Are you using Battery Saver? When I use that, my scores go waayyy down and my phone lags like a mofo

hitmaninpa

Reaction score
what is jitter and where can i get this? im running fryo bb @1.1ghz and i got a 19.54 it says my score ranks at 4495

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
heres a comparison video of the new EVO, Nexus One, and the Droid

the nexus one gets rediculous numbers upper 30's every time.

[video=youtube;utnYpybdIKo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utnYpybdIKo]YouTube - Android benchmark test[/video]

Samurai26

Reaction score
Yes I am.

Also, I don't know if it will help any, but the Set CPU benchmarks were giving me:

JIT
Long: ~3900ms
Short: ~230ms

JIT off
Long: ~6900ms
Short: ~300ms

All at 800MHz

*Edit: mixed up long/short

How do you turn on/off your JIT? I'm in froyo BBv.1 and getting around 600ms on long and short benchmark...

How do I get better performance?

BTW, OC'd at 900mhz using p3's 1ghz kernel

gszeman

Reaction score
heres a comparison video of the new EVO, Nexus One, and the Droid

the nexus one gets rediculous numbers upper 30's every time.

YouTube - Android benchmark test

That is frickin insane! 38+ and 39+ mflops on the Nexus One :shocked:

what is jitter and where can i get this? im running fryo bb @1.1ghz and i got a 19.54 it says my score ranks at 4495
How do you turn on/off your JIT? I'm in froyo BBv.1 and getting around 600ms on long and short benchmark...

How do I get better performance?

BTW, OC'd at 900mhz using p3's 1ghz kernel

Download Jitter from the Market...not sure if it works on Froyo though...you can try it and let us know :p

Last edited:

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That is frickin insane! 38+ and 39+ mflops o

Download Jitter from the Market...not sure if it works on Froyo though...you can try it and let us know :p

no it doesnt work..... besides JIT is enabled by default in 2.2

i tested the app and tried to do it manually with no avail

gszeman

Reaction score
That is frickin insane! 38+ and 39+ mflops o

no it doesnt work..... besides JIT is enabled by default in 2.2

i tested the app and tried to do it manually with no avail

:Slaps forehead: Duh, I knew that...senior moment :eek:

Thanks for testing it out though :)

kristoff125

Reaction score
I had 19.4 on froyo at 1.25 but then the phone froze up, went back to 1.1 where it's stable now it's ~17.2