Droid MFLOPS

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I was searching through overclock information the other day and came across someone on another forum asking about the linpack benchmarks for the Moto Droid and how people were getting 30+ megaflops. Everyone assured him that those people were running Froyo with the JIT compiler to get those numbers.

Here's where I'm confused, though: someone said the stock Droid should get around 4 MFLOPS. I'm currently running BBv1.1 with ChevyNo1's 1.2GHz ULV kernel (though most of the time just at 800MHz), and I am getting only ~1.5 MFLOPS. What gives?

Next I decided to try out Jitter and enable JIT, just to see what would happen. It helped...but only up to ~2.5. I pumped SetCPU to 1.2GHz and checked again, but I never reached over ~2.7. Is it possible I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

So you're running Froyo and using Jitter? If so, there's your problem. Froyo has JIT built-in, it doesn't need to be enabled. Using Jitter probably messed something up with the OS.

If you're NOT running Froyo, ignore this advice.

And I have NO idea why the N1 would run Linpak so much faster than the EVO, since they share the same chipset. Almost seems like the N1 results are flawed for some reason.

Last edited: