N1 vs. Droid benchmarks?

aosman

Reaction score
Have anyone with an access to both phones benchmarked the N1 and the Moto Droid? The processors are of different architecture so raw CPU speed is not comparing apples to apples. Also, the Droid is supposed to have a separate (or a dedicated core) for graphics while the N1 does not which may cancel the raw megahertz advantage of the N1.

We need someone with access to the two phones to run a benchmarking app like Benchmark by Softweg or Linpack for Android that can run on both phones and show results for CPU performance, graphics performance, memory performance, filesystem performance, etc..

johfiner

Reaction score
I'd like to see these as well. According to a few articles I've read, the Nexus One has a faster processor (1GHz as opposed to Droid's 600MHz).

Also, at least for now, the Nexus One is running on 2.1 and the Droid is at 2.0. And people who rooted their Droid and installed 2.1 said it was faster than 2.0. So I don't think it'd be a fair comparison until the Droid gets 2.1 as well.

Elysian

Reaction score
I'd like to see these as well. According to a few articles I've read, the Nexus One has a faster processor (1GHz as opposed to Droid's 600MHz).

Also, at least for now, the Nexus One is running on 2.1 and the Droid is at 2.0. And people who rooted their Droid and installed 2.1 said it was faster than 2.0. So I don't think it'd be a fair comparison until the Droid gets 2.1 as well.

Droid is at 550 :)

Architecture isn't too different either from what I understand, it should scale pretty similarly...

Laurence5905

Reaction score
Droid is at 550 :)

Architecture isn't too different either from what I understand, it should scale pretty similarly...
The CPU architecture is similar, true -- but the N1 doesn't have the GPU and the Droid does. So there almost certainly will be differences in real-world experiences.

Agreed -- untill Droid is running the 2.1 that Verizon pushes to us, a real apples-to-apples comparison cannot be made. (Of course, I'm assuming VZW will push a Droid-optimized version of 2.1, also...)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
2.1 needs to be optimized for the Droid first before we can get any real comparison.

Elysian

Reaction score
Interesting about no GPU, I missed that tidbit. I'm curious what the Droid does on the 3D Neocore benchmark we've seen the Nexus One run at 26-27fps...

Anyone want to try this? I don't have connectivity at work, so I can't until I get home...

Last edited:

papy72

Reaction score
2.1 needs to be optimized for the Droid first before we can get any real comparison.

...AND the N1 is available on VZW. That's the only way to truly compare hardware speeds: same OS version, same carrier.

Elysian

Reaction score

...AND the N1 is available on VZW. That's the only way to truly compare hardware speeds: same OS version, same carrier.

Carrier would only matter for connection speed, nothing else... It's not like Verizon or T-Mobile have background apps running.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting about no GPU, I missed that tidbit. I'm curious what the Droid does on the 3D Neocore benchmark we've seen the Nexus One run at 26-27fps...

Anyone want to try this? I don't have connectivity at work, so I can't until I get home...

on 2.1, my Droid got 20.6 FPS... lower than MT3G and Hero :(

natty_lite

Reaction score

That's very disappointing.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Carrier would only matter for connection speed, nothing else... It's not like Verizon or T-Mobile have background apps running.
No but if you're gonna run a test loading a web page or any other data content you need the same carrier for it to be truly fair.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

That's very disappointing.
actually it's not. Picking up 6-7 frames will be not such a hard task since 2.1 on rooted Droids is not even remotely optimized for the device...

justicw

Reaction score
It doesn't seem there is much support for neocore for the droid. They just got it working and you get the SAME EXACT score with sound on or off.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Nexus will be faster. Even if the processor battle was to even out, and both devices had 2.1, the Nexus has twice as much RAM. I'm not saying it's going to be a lot faster, but it just has better all around hardware.