Otterbox Droid 3 Commuter Case Now Available

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Just got my email as well. Im using the case/clip combo that vzw sells now. I wonder if Otterbox will make a defender version?

sent from my dThree

OP
The_Rick_14

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
I hope it fits over the extended life battery and cover.

In the questions section, they gave the standard "form fitted to original device answer" about the extended battery, but because the D3's extended battery is so minimal, maybe it won't matter?

cloudstrife05 said:
Just got my email as well. Im using the case/clip combo that vzw sells now. I wonder if Otterbox will make a defender version?

Sounds like no plans for a defender version due to the slide out keyboard from the questions section unfortunately.

neilrl79

Reaction score
In the questions section, they gave the standard "form fitted to original device answer" about the extended battery, but because the D3's extended battery is so minimal, maybe it won't matter?
+1

I'd really like to see someone post a video review of it, it's hard to get a feel for how much bulk it adds from the short instructional video they have on the site. I'd really hate to spend $35 on something and then not like it.

CLShade

Reaction score
I'm curious to know if it fits in the standard docks with the case on. The docks are built with cases in mind but you never know with a given case...

militant

Reaction score
I just ordered an extended battery from amazon ($32 for the OEM BF6X Moto battery brand new in box with back cover, save yourself $20!), and was considering ordering the otterbox. Anyone who tries both please update this thread and let us know if the otterbox fits with the extended battery (and/or the HD dock) please!

OP
The_Rick_14

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
I just ordered an extended battery from amazon ($32 for the OEM BF6X Moto battery brand new in box with back cover, save yourself $20!), and was considering ordering the otterbox. Anyone who tries both please update this thread and let us know if the otterbox fits with the extended battery (and/or the HD dock) please!

I'd love to hear about Otterbox and the Docks as well.

kilofox

Reaction score
Use Promo Code: tb0411u

Free Shipping and 10% off!!!

militant

Reaction score
Still waiting to hear if it fits with extended battery. I just picked one up at a steal for $30, and now my 4.99 snap cases from amazon which used to fit great, no longer fit. I know the verizon case fits with the extended battery, but I'm trying to avoid that route if possible. I didn't even have that bad of battery life with the original, but for an extra 20-25% more life for $30 was too good a deal to pass up for me. Hopefully the otterbox will fit with it but my hopes are dwindling since the other cases I have don't and I'm sure the otterbox is very snug.

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Otterbox Tech support and they state the case does not currently work with the extended battery :icon_evil:

OP
The_Rick_14

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Otterbox Tech support and they state the case does not currently work with the extended battery :icon_evil:

They already stated that in the Q&A on the site. However, the standard battery back isn't "supposed" to be used with the extended battery but people are still doing that.

We won't know for sure until someone gets one and tries it.

militant

Reaction score
Is the battery itself the same size? I'm sure if there was a way to avoid shipping the ext. battery with a new door, they would do it obviously from a money standpoint. Stinks... having to rock my d3 naked but man I just love how much more battery life I get.

OP
The_Rick_14

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
Is the battery itself the same size? I'm sure if there was a way to avoid shipping the ext. battery with a new door, they would do it obviously from a money standpoint. Stinks... having to rock my d3 naked but man I just love how much more battery life I get.

I agree, I just know that some people have been using the standard back with the extended and don't care. And with the silicon insert of Otterbox, you probably will be able to squeeze it in there because I would think it would give a bit.