otterbox comuter case for droid drops

vtrider159

Reaction score
I'm getting one of these soon, I've always used Otter cases for storage and glasses and have been waiting for a droid case....they are a bit late to the game though.

I dropped the phone with a Monaco aluminum case and the case bent badly and I tossed it. That drop caused me to get a tiny dent in the speaker on the back of the phone, so this thing fits my needs.

I use the otterbox storage cases for everything from sunglasses to phones to goggles and avalanche beacons and they really hold up. I don't plan on subjecting the phone to water or anything, the case will be good for drops and everyday clumsiness.

BrooklynDROID

Reaction score
Just got my OtterBox a few minutes ago. Easy to put on and easy to remove. I hope I don't have to test its strength.

Compared to the Shell/Holster combo I've been using, it's thicker and provides more protection. I also love the silicone plugs for the ports. However, the shell/holster is able to be clipped on my hip while at work. I find carrying the Droid in my pocket to be somewhat uncomfortable. If the Otter had a clip, it would be perfect, IMO.

Still, I'll give the OtterBox a try and see how I like it after a few days.

Rebel420

Reaction score
Got mine this evening. Went on in seconds.. perfect fit, no slop, nice feel, adds the right amount of bulk to the phone... the phone feels 'right' with this case on... The only disappointment, was I was hoping it would take out some of the slop from having the loose screen/slider deal on my phone (second droid... first one overheated badly, so Id' rather have a sloppy fit and no heat problems than chance something ELSE not being right... still haven't mastered the art of applying screen protectors yet, though...

orangepeel

Reaction score
J

Still, I'll give the OtterBox a try and see how I like it after a few days.

I know it's not Otterbox,but you can find the case/holster (copy/paste into ebay)on ebay for about $10.Both the Seidio,and Otterbox fit in it...pretty snug,but not so snug you cant get it out.
Motorola DROID A855 Case Clip Holster Combo for Verizon

monsterman

Reaction score
the otterbox case will fit in that? did you try it? i was wondering if it would but i dont see how. the measurements of the case on the site are larger then then when i measured the holster.

orangepeel

Reaction score
Yes it will.I have no reason to steer you wrong, The Seidio case fits in it even better.Its snug ,especially with the Otterbos,but nothing too serios

monsterman

Reaction score
ok cool thanks! i knew the sedeo would fit because that is basically the same size as the one that comes w/the holster and the same size as the cases u find on Evil Bay. Now im very intrested in the otterbox!. i am a lil scared to buy it because im waiting to see if they come out with a defender case (plz otterbox!!!)