OTA Update

megan01h

Reaction score
What exactly did it do? I haven't found anything yet that's different.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

outcast

Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently went through the rooting process and enjoyed it for the most part on my new fascinate. Unfortunately, it bricked after flashing an alternate recovery.

I have since received a new phone after they declared DOA. I attempted to root and changed my mind. I don't know the stock radio but I'm currently on DL09. I cannot get the OTA update now. It says its on 2.1update1.

Help?

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sorry for the late response. Here are instructions for how to return to stock. The file in step 1 is what you need. If the instructions are unclear, here are more detailed ones on what to do with the file. From there you should be able to get the OTA. Once you've got it, here are instructions for rooting it if you want to go that route.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I think you got lucky and got chosen for a soak test

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Looks like you accepted the update. Usually a soak test is just a test on a few select phones for a major/significant update.

I don't have a razr so I'm not sure if there is a major update that's supposed to be rolled out, but I did hear a rumor that soak tests were being rolled out. Check your Android version to see if it changed.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
The soak test is just a minor "fix." There is a new radio involved but the major consensus is that the point of this update was to block the bootloader unlock exploit and once again break root.

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
To be a part of a soak test you need to be a registered member of the Motorola Feedback Network. Advance testing of new firmware/software is done via a soak test. Members of the Feedback Network will receive an invitation (via email) to participate in soak tests. A week, or so, ago invitations were sent out to MFN members who have the Razr Maxx, Razr Maxx HD, and the Razr M to test out a new update. Members test the new update on their phones and report back to the Network via a private forum. If all goes well, the update is then pushed out OTA to the multitude.

Being a part of a soak test is fun, plus you get the new updates first. If you would like to be a part of a future soak test go here and register for the Motorola Feedback Network.
https://forums.motorola.com/hives/c531700a0f/summary

swharshbar

Reaction score
I got the 9.18.79 update last night. Is this the "soak" test?. I don't really meet much of what was posted.

So far the phone actually seems faster... not sure why.. but it does.

charliez916

Reaction score
That's the update I got. I'm not rooted. The seems definitly faster and smoother.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Not a soak test, it was a maintenance update (9.18.79.XT926) there is a thread post on this which includes the details in an email.

(IF you are rooted, don't accept the update.)

The update includes SMS bug fixes, GPS enhancement, random reboot fixes and more. The update is also including a Google Security Patch.

The RAZR HD is receiving the following changes:

The update is 50MB in size.

Last edited:

romslar

Reaction score
Update worked on my rooted phone

I have Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper and I was able to un-root, update and then re-root with no problems.

Not a soak test, it was a maintenance update (9.18.79.XT926) there is a thread post on this which includes the details in an email.

(IF you are rooted, don't accept the update.)

The update includes SMS bug fixes, GPS enhancement, random reboot fixes and more. The update is also including a Google Security Patch.

The RAZR HD is receiving the following changes:

The update is 50MB in size.