New Update

wyld

Reaction score
Tikl was a really bad app for me when I got it rouge app or something android couldn't kill it drained my battery in less than 5 hours

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

SoCalNation

Reaction score
I have done factory reset.. no difference, I went in my settings and shut off LTE since its not available yet.. maybe it might help??

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

stuigi

Reaction score
I just shut off lte also since my lil town doesn't have it. What I don't get is I had twice the battery power before the update. I am still experimenting

y0manda

Reaction score
Factory resetting my phone seems to have cleared up the random rebooting problem, as well as seeming to have "fixed" the issue with the battery dying quickly.

X2

ziggy484

Reaction score
Um..... I have a un rooted phone and I got 4 hours before the update now I'm getting around 2... How is everyone getting good battery usage?? Do you guys have like only 3 apps?? LOL last night I had 88% battery on my phone and I woke up and it was dead...

Definitely turn off 4g if you dont have/use it, or your phone is constantly looking for it. Turn on wifi and gps only as needed. After that go to settings and see whats been using the battery, should be mostly display. Turn brightness down. Im getting 18hrs easy by doing these things, before and after update

Bowtie

Reaction score
I tried and tried and tried for days to get the update on two diff TBolts and always got the error. Last night after trying atleast a dozen times, I downloaded the LTE On/Off app, switched to CDMA Only and after it switched to 1x, checked and the update was there. Took forever to download but once it was there, installed and then switched it back and deleted the app. Good to go, no random reboots so far. Repeated the process this morning on the second TBolt, same results. Wish I could get my hands on more of them to keep testing, but the work around worked for me.

klaudiadroid2

Reaction score
I tried and tried and tried for days to get the update on two diff TBolts and always got the error. Last night after trying atleast a dozen times, I downloaded the LTE On/Off app, switched to CDMA Only and after it switched to 1x, checked and the update was there. Took forever to download but once it was there, installed and then switched it back and deleted the app. Good to go, no random reboots so far. Repeated the process this morning on the second TBolt, same results. Wish I could get my hands on more of them to keep testing, but the work around worked for me.

Thanks dude I been trying and trying with the same freaking error message, I tryed your method and it worked for me!

sent from my HTC Thunderbolt !

klaudiadroid2

Reaction score

I'm downloading firmware right now:)

sent from my HTC Thunderbolt !

Flipp

Reaction score
ok wtf...i got the update the other day. a couple of things happen...
1. my TB will restart itself at random. happened twice today, both times i was actually using the phone. sometimes it will just restart when just sitting there.
2. when i turn on my phone and unlock it, a blank white screen will show up... will just sit there unless i back out of it.

has anyone been getting this?
i thought i left my Motorola to quit having these types of issues....

dx1881

Reaction score
Like right now I am watching live Sumo on my windows 7 computer, I can watch on my BB too, but it requires windows media player and there is no support for windows media player on the tb but the less fancy BB does

The file needs to be converted to an mpeg4 or avi file for the tbolt to recognize, I've had zero issues when streaming any type of file format. Windows media is outdated probably why the blackberrys working with it;-)

DroidStang

Reaction score
It's not really a file you download, if you go to site now there is nothing thee cause live after 9 I'm eastern time, don't think it allows loading and converting?

Flipp

Reaction score
ok wtf...i got the update the other day. a couple of things happen...
1. my TB will restart itself at random. happened twice today, both times i was actually using the phone. sometimes it will just restart when just sitting there.
2. when i turn on my phone and unlock it, a blank white screen will show up... will just sit there unless i back out of it.

has anyone been getting this?
i thought i left my Motorola to quit having these types of issues....

anyone else having these issues???

jkingston05

Reaction score
Yeah, its been ok since the factory reset. It was rebooting a lot though.

mtnbkrbob

Reaction score
Like right now I am watching live Sumo on my windows 7 computer, I can watch on my BB too, but it requires windows media player and there is no support for windows media player on the tb but the less fancy BB does

The file needs to be converted to an mpeg4 or avi file for the tbolt to recognize, I've had zero issues when streaming any type of file format. Windows media is outdated probably why the blackberrys working with it;-)

try using rock player its free in the market. or try an alternate browser like dolphin or uc? never hyrts to try if not then just uninstall them.

Last edited: