New Update

cwalker

Reaction score
I have a Droid 4, version 4.0.4, system version 6.16.217.XT894. This morning there was an system update, which I did and it took 15-20 minutes. Now the whole look of the phone has changed (which I'm not thrilled about), and I keep getting a message that says there is a security update required on my Email account. If I do this it's going to erase all my data and do all kinds of other things I don't want it to do, but I can't make the message go away. I don't know much about these phones other than I've figured out how to use them. What is going on?????

NeXtras

Reaction score
Re-read the message, i'm guessing its an exchange account. Your giving your email server the ABILITY to erase all data.. most businesses need this feature in case you lose your phone and don't have security lock enabled.. my school needed the same allowances

OR try sending us a screen shot on here, nifty new feature of ICS :biggrin: hold your lock button and volume down button for two seconds and it will snap a screen shot

cwalker

Reaction score
You're right, it is an exchange account. I took it to work this morning and our IT guy said the same, it's only the ability to do so, and he enabled it. Makes me a little nervous, but I don't have a whole lot of choice. Thanks for the info on the screen shot too! That's pretty cool!

charliez916

Reaction score
Just got system update 9.18.94 for my razr maxx hd....not sure what it is suppose to do.

mboswell

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
I got the update to but I'm not sure what it's supposed to do. I didn't notice any change at all. Must be something for the operations of the phone.

rtompkins3

Reaction score
Here's what verizon says about it on the vzw site:

DEVICE ENHANCEMENTS
[FONT=Apex Sans Book,Apex Sans Book][FONT=Apex Sans Book,Apex Sans Book][/FONT][/FONT]The latest version of Backup Assistant + Media has been added
[FONT=Apex Sans Book,Apex Sans Book][FONT=Apex Sans Book,Apex Sans Book][/FONT][/FONT]Device can be charged via Rapid Charger when it is powered off
[FONT=Apex Sans Book,Apex Sans Book][FONT=Apex Sans Book,Apex Sans Book][/FONT][/FONT]Connectivity has been improved when using HDMI cable
[FONT=Apex Sans Book,Apex Sans Book][FONT=Apex Sans Book,Apex Sans Book][/FONT][/FONT]GPS indicator reports accurately on the status bar when location-based apps [FONT=Myriad Pro Light Cond,Myriad Pro Light Cond][FONT=Myriad Pro Light Cond,Myriad Pro Light Cond]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Apex Sans Book,Apex Sans Book][FONT=Apex Sans Book,Apex Sans Book]are launched

And that's about it.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

JLSchutt

Reaction score
Just got notified on my phone that 9.18.94 was available, so I went ahead and installed it. Then I started Googling to find out what is in the update. Probably should have done that in the reverse order. Doesn't seem like anything major for my use. New version of Backup Assistant - I don't use it. "Device can be charged via Rapid Charger when it is powered off." What is Rapid Charger - an app? a hardware device? Sounds like this might be interesting. Better connectivity using an HDMI cable. I've never connected an HDMI cable to my phone and probably never will. "GPS indicator reports accurately on the status bar when location-based apps are launched." Anybody know what this is? Guess I should launch a location-based app and look at the status bar.

mboswell

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Yeah what exactly is rapid charger? I mean when my phones off and charging I don't care how fast it charges because it's off. With the exception of Backup Assistant, which I don't use either because I have Google, nothing this update did I have any clue about nor did it affect me at all. Truly, it was worthless

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Droid Forums

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
As usual, my phone worked fine. I installed the update and now my Nav seriously lags behind true vehicle movement.
Really a problem when driving in a major city and slowing to let the Nav catch up to real time.
Why? Do you do this? It was fine until you "fixed" it.:mad:

JLSchutt

Reaction score
As usual, my phone worked fine. I installed the update and now my Nav seriously lags behind true vehicle movement.
Really a problem when driving in a major city and slowing to let the Nav catch up to real time.
Why? Do you do this? It was fine until you "fixed" it.:mad:

Just got home from an appointment with a new doctor. Wasn't sure of his location so used Nav with Google Maps. Worked fine - no lag.