OTA is working great for me

Raydee35

Reaction score
I don't know if everyone is having good luck with the new update but my phone is running great and the battery life has def improved. It seems like smart actions are working better now too. I haven't tried the camera yet but I am hoping that improved too.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Kimo91

Reaction score
My Razr is running a lot smoother with this update. I'm rooted but on stock ROM and so far haven't run into any screen freezes which required a hard reboot to fix * knock on wood* LOL

Sent from my rooted and Safe Strapped Motor DROID RAZR

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
I am still at 80% battery after 21 hours, something has def improved the battery on my Razr.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
It is good to see the "good reports" with the update...I am pleased with the update as well - phone definitely seems to scroll and transition with ease, although I did not have any complaints prior to the update...but it seems that the update didn't break anything, may have just made it stronger.

SallyC

Reaction score
All positive with me as well. Better 4G connection and pass to wifi, battery life, etc,. They got it right!

Spiderwebb71688

Reaction score
The battery life is night and day for me. Before the update I was getting about 12 hours on a battery (I never turn off lte or dim my screen and use the thing constantly) and it took about 2 1/2 hours to grab a full charge from dead. Now I'm at 26 hours and it charges at about 1% per minute! Couldn't be more pleased, I was considering splurging for the maxx now i don't see a need. :biggrin:

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
I am glad to see others having the same experience as me. I loved this phone before and even more now. I hope they don't change a thing.

eidian

Reaction score
The camera definitely takes better pictures, 4g connection is much more consistent and battery life is much better when the phone is on standby (I would lose 20% in a little over an hour without even using the phone).

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

jrpbulk

Reaction score
My phone is now near perfect just need ICS and I will be keeping this puppy a long time, maybe ;). One drwaback is I hate bloat ware and don't want to root so i have to live with it.

Seeker7

Reaction score
Problably a dumb question but, if i do the upgrade will I be able to root again my phone? so far, I love it no problems at all, and I was able to get rid of my home IS and I been using my Droid as a hot spot. I don't wanna loose that. I rooted my phone as indicated at "droidrazrroot".Thank you for your help.

Seeker7

Reaction score
Did the OTA and phone kept the root, I am able to use it as HS without a problem. I can't belive it, most of the time rooting is lost when update is done.

ashez0611

Reaction score
Did the upgrade come through automatically for everyone? It seems like it, with all the replies. If I hadn't stumbled upon this thread I'd be missing it... checked my phone for "system updates" and it said one was available. Just now dl'ing it... excited. :)