OTA is working great for me

eidian

Reaction score
Did the upgrade come through automatically for everyone? It seems like it, with all the replies. If I hadn't stumbled upon this thread I'd be missing it... checked my phone for "system updates" and it said one was available. Just now dl'ing it... excited. :)

You would've received the notice by the 13th. As for the rest of us, it would be a mix of notifications, manual checks and already running it for a week or so because we downloaded the update when it was first leaked (like me...heh, heh....).

2.3.6 ver 174 rooted with NO problems

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
I checked mine manually the other day after hearing that a update may be available ....and it was. I was nervous to update at first because my phone was working great but I did anyway and I am happy I did.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Redbeaver

Reaction score
this OTA stuff (what does it stands for anyway? LOL) is it for Verizon/US only?

how about us Canadians with Rogers?

well, rather, i'm on Brazilian EN ROM coz i screwed up my stock ROM........ did the update check manually and says "no update available" :(

ps: 21hr 80%??? wow, with a couple game playing, browsing, and regular fooling around, my 100% at midnight would be 10% by 8PM the next day......

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I don't see any improvement at all, good thing the phone didn't need any improvement to start with. Yesterday I had 41% after 16 hours. Last night however, nearly died after 6 hours. I loaded several podcasts over 4g so that be it, today battery life seems normally great.

I've never had any data drops, battery problems, and I never use my phone as a hot spot. I nearly didn't down load it. I've found that Moto's updates are either brilliant or complete nightmares.
I'm glad for all of you good experiences but I'm from Mo on this.

Sent my new Droid Razr Maxx

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
OTA stands for over the air.
I had my first glitch this morning with my Razr, when I went from my home screen to the app drawer the screen rotated to landscape and would not rotate back unless I went back to the home screen. I rebooted the phone and it is working fine again.

gator57

Reaction score
Since the phone was released I think it is hitting on all cyclinders and that it is reaching its full potential. I know that everyone is waiting for ICS but I'm not sure I want it for myself. I haven't rooted my phone or done anything to it , just a stock phone. Now that the phone is working just like I want it to would an update to ICS just screw it up? You know what they say if a little is good and more is better than alot has to be perfect right???? But it would seem sometimes more isn't always better...I don't know but the battery, camera, moving around the phone opening and app, the hotspot issues all these things seem to be fixed why ruin a good thing now.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Now that the phone is working just like I want it to would an update to ICS just screw it up?
:big smile: this is my BIGGEST concern as well and it's a great question. I'm honestly not too excited about ICS in the first place, so I'm hoping once it does push to us it's as solid as GB. RAZR is perfect right now, I'm hoping it stays that way.

TaubBaer

Reaction score
I am still at 80% battery after 21 hours, something has def improved the battery on my Razr.

After the OTA, my battery is 28% after 1 day 14 hours....... Ummm... I usually get about 10-12 hours on one charge. Something work so well after OTA!

Redbeaver

Reaction score
After the OTA, my battery is 28% after 1 day 14 hours....... Ummm... I usually get about 10-12 hours on one charge. Something work so well after OTA!

aaargh this is why i want an update for my GSM RAZR :(

if i play games on it, it can only last under 6hr. on casual browsing and music with a little bit of map, it lasts about 12hr.

not to exaggerate, but THAT KINDA SUCK. :(

Yngwie77

Reaction score
Ok what the hell am.i doing wrong...I get nowhere near that kind of battery life no matter what I do....im lucky if I get 5 hours...granted I do fool around with it constantly but wtf....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Redbeaver

Reaction score
Ok what the hell am.i doing wrong...I get nowhere near that kind of battery life no matter what I do....im lucky if I get 5 hours...granted I do fool around with it constantly but wtf....play gmaes

If.i play around with mine (play games all the time) it'll last no more than 5hr too.

But browsing,little game,map,strictly on wifi gets at leas 6hr.

Yngwie77

Reaction score
Oh good thought it was just me lol...

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
I will admit I use smart actions a lot to turn things off when I don't need them. That really saves on the battery. I have always used them but I noticed since the update they seem to be working better than they did before the update and that is probably why my battery is doing so much better.

Redbeaver

Reaction score
I will admit I use smart actions a lot to turn things off when I don't need them. That really saves on the battery. I have always used them but I noticed since the update they seem to be working better than they did before the update and that is probably why my battery is doing so much better.

off-topic now on battery lol

but i use CPU Tuner to adjust the speed on top of Smart Actions. that helps too. especially the display.

the stupid thing with Smart Actions is, if u have 2 rules, 50% brightness when battery <50, and 20% when battery <30, then when ur battery is, say, 25, it enables BOTH rules?? so sometimes i get 50% and sometimes 20% depending if im charging it or really using it. weird.