Ordered my TB last night

Droid592

Reaction score
So I'm pretty excited I already ordered a holster and screen protectors for it, I had been doing my homework on the TB, charge,revolution, and iPhone for the past two weeks and finally made my decision and I highly doubt that I'm going to be disappointed with it. Rooting it will be a must can't wait to get it should be here Tuesday but no later then wensday.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

bernardino5

Reaction score
Rooting is the way to go, thumbs up.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

wesdo2gg

Reaction score
Congrats man! You'll like this phone. What kind of phone are you coming from? I enjoyed this phone stock for a month or so but complained about the battery life in the back of my head at the same time. Once I root/rom'd it, those complaints became a lot less.

rafiki1

Reaction score
Congratulations. I'm wanting to get a Thunderbolt or one of the 4g phones before the tiered data plan takes effect, but I need a good price on it with 2 year upgrade on family account. If anyone knows any good deals, please share. My dad says if I can find a good deal he will get it for me. He just got a Droid charge and its so nice but I want a different phone then him lol

OP
Droid592

Droid592

Reaction score
Congrats man! You'll like this phone. What kind of phone are you coming from? I enjoyed this phone stock for a month or so but complained about the battery life in the back of my head at the same time. Once I root/rom'd it, those complaints became a lot less.
Im coming from the Motorola droid so its gonna be a improvement, im ready to deal with the battery life i just keep telling myself that my Droid was like that when i first got it and updates will be rolled out to improve it so im not worried.

Congratulations. I'm wanting to get a Thunderbolt or one of the 4g phones before the tiered data plan takes effect, but I need a good price on it with 2 year upgrade on family account. If anyone knows any good deals, please share. My dad says if I can find a good deal he will get it for me. He just got a Droid charge and its so nice but I want a different phone then him lol
Best deal out there right now is gonna be through amazon wireless and wirefly both $199.99 and im not sure about wirefly but amazon free 2 day shipping and no tax!

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I also just upgraded coming from Droid1 - very excited to start playing with this phone

bL33d

Reaction score
Ive had about every phone you can get and this thunderbolt is awesome i rooted and ran custom roms from day one and never had a random reboot or anything just rock solid and FAST.

OP
Droid592

Droid592

Reaction score
I GOT IT!!!!! and i am in love with it, such a huge improvement from my Droid even though i am going to miss it i know the Thunderbolt is going to help me through the pain lol

Ambushbug

Reaction score

If you have an upgrade available you can get a TB for $175 on this site. I've never used it, but I know a lady who has used it a few times and hasn't had any issues.

ZamTek Wireless - Wireless Offers

bassdj

SliceThemez Theme Creator
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
iamandroid.co
I just ordered it too! It's definitely the best made 4G LTE phone. The charge is made very cheaply

iGrizz

Reaction score
I have had my thunderbolt since April. 4G came to my area this month and it is amazing. The only complaint I have is that my battery needs to be charged twice a day. I don't have random reboots like others. This phone is amazing and the new update this month will make it even better! Enjoy your thunderbolts!

OP
Droid592

Droid592

Reaction score
Very very pleased with the phone, the battery life I will admit is not the best but the Motorola Droid was the same way it doesn't bug me at all and I already had chargers every (car, home, and office) now the real question is root I haven't done my homework on it for this device but would like to get some opinions on it from you guys

polish23

Reaction score
I have had my thunderbolt since April. 4G came to my area this month and it is amazing. The only complaint I have is that my battery needs to be charged twice a day. I don't have random reboots like others. This phone is amazing and the new update this month will make it even better! Enjoy your thunderbolts!

Rooting this phone is easy, especially if you do the auto root method. I didn't have time to really learn adb (I'm working on that now), but the main problem that I have had is that I can flash any FroYo ROM because it is unbelievably easy... don't get me wrong, so is flashing a GB ROM but the ROM that I used almost bricked my TB, I don't know why, I am sure I probably did something wrong, being somewhat of a noob to Android, and considering it was made by the same developer as the FroYo ROM I am running currently, but I think I will just stick with the FroYo ROMS for now, until I have a little more experience with adb and this phone.

OP
Droid592

Droid592

Reaction score

Rooting this phone is easy, especially if you do the auto root method. I didn't have time to really learn adb (I'm working on that now), but the main problem that I have had is that I can flash any FroYo ROM because it is unbelievably easy... don't get me wrong, so is flashing a GB ROM but the ROM that I used almost bricked my TB, I don't know why, I am sure I probably did something wrong, being somewhat of a noob to Android, and considering it was made by the same developer as the FroYo ROM I am running currently, but I think I will just stick with the FroYo ROMS for now, until I have a little more experience with adb and this phone.

Looks like I'm gonna have to start studying adb there's no fun in taking the easy way lol, BTW off topic but didn't wanna post again I took my TB off the charger at 6am and its now 4:30 pm but using is heavy texting Facebook calls the whole nine yards and it still have plenty of juice left I don't think my TB will meet with the charger till 8 or 9, I think that's pretty damn good very pleased!

iGrizz

Reaction score
Looks like I'm gonna have to start studying adb there's no fun in taking the easy way lol, BTW off topic but didn't wanna post again I took my TB off the charger at 6am and its now 4:30 pm but using is heavy texting Facebook calls the whole nine yards and it still have plenty of juice left I don't think my TB will meet with the charger till 8 or 9, I think that's pretty damn good very pleased!

Are you in an area with 4G? My battery lasted that long until I got 4G in my area.