CoComing up on my two weeks with the revolution Should keep or trade for Charge?

Cybie257

Reaction score
it sounds like to me that you are rushing to get your phone rooted and not giving yourself time to actually make sure the phone works properly or not. I have my revolution rooted but I don't have any problems with it aside from a couple random reboots after I installed a certain application which is actually from the market.

either way I would like to see your reply back to this with in about 2 or 3 weeks and tell us how your new phone is doing and if you have any probs with it or not.

overall, like I may have mentioned before, the only problem have with this phone is the battery life and the time it takes to charge a battery, but I do have an extra battery and charging dock which makes it nice. as far as the battery does go, I was warned about that when I bought the phone about the battery life.

and with the 4g this phone is extremely fast on the network. I'm glad that I have the unlimited data plan or I'd be taking this phone back in not using it anymore.

Cybie

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

Big Cam

Reaction score
Wow an old thread revived. Might as well update the status.

I kept the Revo, but a week later (day 23 of ownership) the phone refused to boot. VZW sent me a replacement Revo. A week later that also died and refused to boot even to factory reset.

By this time I was so frustrated I had VZW send me a Charge as a repacement.

So far I like the Charge, but it is noticably slower than the Revo. the screen is much better IMO.

I've got it rooted and ROMed with an Overclocked Kernel. Clocked to 1.4 it is as fast as the Revo.

I'd still prefer the revo, but could not stand the unrealiability of it.

The boot problem is an annoyance but I'm living with it holding out for an update. I like the phone so much I'm going to give it it's chance.

OP
A

AstroBoy

Reaction score
The boot problem is an annoyance but I'm living with it holding out for an update. I like the phone so much I'm going to give it it's chance.

For me it wasn't a boot problem. it was that the phone was bricking itself over night. Twice (two diff. phones). I could not even get into Factory reset mode with them.

Big Cam

Reaction score

For me it wasn't a boot problem. it was that the phone was bricking itself over night. Twice (two diff. phones). I could not even get into Factory reset mode with them.

Oh, I didn't realize that. I seriously hope LG and get the bugs out of this phone.

OP
A

AstroBoy

Reaction score
Oh, I didn't realize that. I seriously hope LG and get the bugs out of this phone.

I wish they had done so before it launched.

I'm staying with the Charge. Aside from slower performance than the revo. It is not a bad phone once you get past the look of it. It is also a lot lighter in the pocket.

lenraphael

Reaction score
have had similar bad reliability with my lg rev in the 1.5 months. recent update did not fix the failure to reboot aka "blank screen" that needed hard reset using buttons pita.

4g is very nice in the bay area and works just as promised. but if i had known how many hours i'd have to spend resetting and reconfiguring apps, i'd have bought an iphone or a moto droid 3.

is there a version of gingerbread that can be installed if device is rooted, or is that too device specific?