Optional update 5.7.893 available now.

wilboy

Reaction score
It's out now via cheesecake...So what's the available rom or anything to unbloat this OTA?anyone?:)

OP
GoBears

GoBears

Reaction score
It's not showing for me anymore for me in cheesecake. What server you guys choosing?

GoBears

xmguy

Reaction score
Nothing here. Stock. (.bak) debloated. Rooted.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

xmguy

Reaction score
Sorry what is Cheesecake you guys are talking about?

Cheesecake is a method for getting access to Motorolas beta test FWs before they are released to the general public. If you go that route( as far as I know you can't ota anymore).

bgs_piece

Reaction score
It worked for me; renamed to "update.zip" and flashed through stock recovery.

xXJakeXx

Reaction score
Not worth installing cheese cake and installing a beta update and losing out on the new ota, whenever that will be out. Just my opinion.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

bgs_piece

Reaction score
Not worth installing cheese cake and installing a beta update and losing out on the new ota, whenever that will be out. Just my opinion.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

If we are able to install all of these updates why wouldn't we be able to install the OTA? If it ends up that the OTA won't work, it wouldn't take long before someone figures oout how to make it work.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm betting I am), but aren't these files coming off a preliminary (or advance) server or something? I mean all us "STOCK" users will probably still have to wait awhile for the actual OTA release.

??

nateohio

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm betting I am), but aren't these files coming off a preliminary (or advance) server or something? I mean all us "STOCK" users will probably still have to wait awhile for the actual OTA release.

??

100% correct.

However, those of you that are saying that this takes you off of the OTA upgrade path are wrong. Everybody that keeps quoting P3Droid are using a quote that is almost a month old. He and a few other devs have already come up with a few work arounds for getting back on the upgrade path.

WarMachin3

Reaction score
Just checked no update for me... bone stock still too

Reaction score
Since we had to unfreeze all stock apps to update to 5.6.893, could the reason I'm not seeing 5.7.893 be that I froze all those apps again after the 5.6.893 update?

I'm unfreezing all apps now and checking for the update again.

bgs_piece

Reaction score
Since we had to unfreeze all stock apps to update to 5.6.893, could the reason I'm not seeing 5.7.893 be that I froze all those apps again after the 5.6.893 update?

I'm unfreezing all apps now and checking for the update again.

I doubt it; I had frozen apps when I checked and it showed up for me. I did unfreeze prior to flashing though.

Reaction score
Just checked no update for me... bone stock still too

No new update listed after unfreezing apps. Now that you mention it, I unfroze them to update to 5.5.893 through cheesecake, then froze apps again before unexpectedly receiving an OTA update to 6.893 the next day.