The "5.7.893 is the official current version" Thread

welsalex

Reaction score
Well the last thread was getting crazy so here is the new one. Dags5000 and others have said they've talked directly with Motorola and have been told the leaked 5.7.893 update is the actual current official version for the Bionic. This thread is for all to discuss it. Anyone else confirm talking to moto and hearing this same thing? I will post the official version numbers that are claimed to be true below:

5.7.893 specs:

System version:
5.7.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US

Baseband version:
CDMA_N_03.1C.57R LTEDC_U_05.15.02

Kernel:
2.6.35.7-g68606e6vwm736@il93lnxdroid43 #1

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

ex0rcist

Reaction score
Well the last thread was getting crazy so here is the new one. Dags5000 and others have said they've talked directly with Motorola and have been told the leaked 5.7.893 update is the actual current official version for the Bionic. This thread is for all to discuss it. Anyone else confirm talking to moto and hearing this same thing? I will post the official version numbers that are claimed to be true below:

5.7.893 specs:

System version:
5.7.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US

Baseband version:
CDMA_N_03.1C.57R LTEDC_U_05.15.02

Kernel:
2.6.35.7-g68606e6vwm736@il93lnxdroid43 #1

How about...we wait and find out and stop speculating and freaking everyone out. And i want to remind everyone just cuz the version number of the cheesecake is the same as the ota... doesn't mean they haven't or wont make changes to the real ota ....there is no law stating they HAVE to show those changes with a number version change. I almost guarantee it may have the same number but won't be the same ota. Happy waiting. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

ripper2860

Reaction score
I'm waiting. Until someone can provide matching MD5's for the LEAK files and the "Official" files as found on a NEW phone, I'll just wait it out through December. Now if it gets pushed again, without any significant reason communicated, I may just take my chances w/ a Cheesecake OTA.

Bionic

Reaction score
How about...we wait and find out and stop speculating and freaking everyone out. And i want to remind everyone just cuz the version number of the cheesecake is the same as the ota... doesn't mean they haven't or wont make changes to the real ota ....there is no law stating they HAVE to show those changes with a number version change. I almost guarantee it may have the same number but won't be the same ota. Happy waiting. :)

That would be highly unusual. It would be very difficult to support/troubleshoot/update a device if you couldn't confirm what software version it was running.

ex0rcist

Reaction score
That would be highly unusual. It would be very difficult to support/troubleshoot/update a device if you couldn't confirm what software version it was running.

No.. because as far as moto is concerned... everyone should be on stock software. No offense... take it as u will...but companies do this alllll the time..

ripper2860

Reaction score
Wow. If 5.7.893 is REALLY the "official" release, then it will certainly be anti-climatic given some posts around the web from "folks in the know" stating that it will all be worth the wait and that folks will be extremely and pleasantly surprised!! Extremely and Pleasantly surprised. Well worth the wait doesn't really apply here. :D

Graymayre

Reaction score
Its been in circulation for a while now. They may have a reason for waiting, they rarely don't have one. Just reference the Bionic Etna-Targa swap.

The answer is 42.
Oh, wait, you mean to tell me you need to know the question now?
Well, I can't answer that.

AdamNJ77

Reaction score
I received a refurbished phone from Verizon late last week. I just called Motorola and told them (I lied), that my phone came with version 5.7.893 and the phone I just sent back had 5.5.886, and was their anything I should be concerned about. The lady was nice and said I had the latest version of the software and there was no concern, it is simply a newer version then the one on my older Bionic.
Now I still have not done anything to the phone except root the 5.5.886 software, but am very tempted to upgrade. I just want to hear a few more reports

SEColwell

Reaction score
Any idea when the update is gonna be pushed out....I have had my bionic about a month and it says up to date on 5.5.886.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Any idea when the update is gonna be pushed out....I have had my bionic about a month and it says up to date on 5.5.886.

The announcement back in late October was "from 30 to 60 days" so in theory between now and the end of the month.

lm2

Reaction score
is 5.5.886 the current "official" software version?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
so curious now what 5.8.894 is... that's the first leak I ran on my latest Bionic, and there's obviously no way back now

thejacked1

Reaction score
Does 894 lock up root? Maybe its motos way of pissing off the impatient, like they did with the release