One Thing the iPhone Has Over All Android Phones...

volando

Reaction score
I hate dragging my songs over onto my sd card

Yeah, you lost me with that line... There exists a large number of people who hate nothing more than the idiotic music library managers that Apple and others force us to use. Moving files over from one media to another as if it's just a normal disk and directory browsing is a MUST for a lot, myself included. Android thankfully provides this, although I hear that 2.4 switched to MTP...

BodyBagz

Reaction score
My $0.02...take it as you will...

I have an iPod Touch, 8gb, 2nd Gen I believe...it aint all that. Its an iPhone minus the camera and a cell phone...
It has the same exact faults that the iPhone has for me...no replaceable battery and no upgradeable storage without purchasing a new device...which is asinine in this day and age IMO.

The reason I have an Droid X is simply because I could have a cell phone, mp3 player, and a movie player all in one device, and be able to load my entertainment content as I see fit. iTunes is media management for those people who really dont care what their media looks like...hap-hazard if you will.

I am very anal about my media content..all my music is in full album form, starting with large "Genre" folders, of which I have 7, then "Artist" folder and then "Album" folders. When I copy music to my device, if I choose to add music that is not already a full album, such as a custom compilation, I manually go in and create the album folder, drop all the tunes I want for that particular album(35-125 tracks), and then manually go in and edit the tags so that my chosen app will read the files correctly. Then I just drop it in my Music Folder on my SD Card...this is actually quicker and easier than trying to let iTunes try to sort through my 315gb`s of music!

Not surprisingly, its the same damn thing I had to do with iTunes because Apple decided it knew better how to tag my music than I did...

My video/movie files are cataloged in the same fashion, minus the Genre folders...in their place I have 4 Common folders, Single films, Franchise films(2 or more in a series), Animated and Music/Concert...this would make iTunes lay an egg and shut down..I know, I have did it.

In the end, I would rather handle my media, my way...not what Steve and his Cupertino Communists think is the right way...afterall, it is my media, on my phone...I did spend my money on it right?

atlrus

Reaction score
Well having an Equalizer is a pretty huge must. A real one, not some.crappy preaets on an ipod. Though apples having presets is leaps above having nothing. Poweramp is.worth.the money just for that.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

I would respectfully disagree, the need for equalizer on an MP3 player is very niche. Unless you have $150+ headphones, I personally don't see the need for equalizer. No matter the equalizer it would never give you great sound on $20 headphones.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My $0.02...take it as you will...

I have an iPod Touch, 8gb, 2nd Gen I believe...it aint all that. Its an iPhone minus the camera and a cell phone...
It has the same exact faults that the iPhone has for me...no replaceable battery and no upgradeable storage without purchasing a new device...which is asinine in this day and age IMO.

The reason I have an Droid X is simply because I could have a cell phone, mp3 player, and a movie player all in one device, and be able to load my entertainment content as I see fit. iTunes is media management for those people who really dont care what their media looks like...hap-hazard if you will.

I am very anal about my media content..all my music is in full album form, starting with large "Genre" folders, of which I have 7, then "Artist" folder and then "Album" folders. When I copy music to my device, if I choose to add music that is not already a full album, such as a custom compilation, I manually go in and create the album folder, drop all the tunes I want for that particular album(35-125 tracks), and then manually go in and edit the tags so that my chosen app will read the files correctly. Then I just drop it in my Music Folder on my SD Card...this is actually quicker and easier than trying to let iTunes try to sort through my 315gb`s of music!

Not surprisingly, its the same damn thing I had to do with iTunes because Apple decided it knew better how to tag my music than I did...

My video/movie files are cataloged in the same fashion, minus the Genre folders...in their place I have 4 Common folders, Single films, Franchise films(2 or more in a series), Animated and Music/Concert...this would make iTunes lay an egg and shut down..I know, I have did it.

In the end, I would rather handle my media, my way...not what Steve and his Cupertino Communists think is the right way...afterall, it is my media, on my phone...I did spend my money on it right?

ROFLOL. :rolleyes:

And just how long are you keeping this phone that you spend so much time and energy on arranging music? I know my music is screwed up but I haven't got the time to figure it all out. I 'm just going to delete it all and reinstall and hope for the best.

wil318466

Reaction score
Well having an Equalizer is a pretty huge must. A real one, not some.crappy preaets on an ipod. Though apples having presets is leaps above having nothing. Poweramp is.worth.the money just for that.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

I would respectfully disagree, the need for equalizer on an MP3 player is very niche. Unless you have $150+ headphones, I personally don't see the need for equalizer. No matter the equalizer it would never give you great sound on $20 headphones.

This' isn't true, but I think it's because you might just not be accustomed to the vast difference you can hear in audio.

Let me give you an example : I thought exactly as you did - until I got an aux audio input installed into my car. MP3s that sounded perfect to me (I'm no audiophile, mind you) previously now sounded like crap through my car speakers. Earphones, great. Speakers, not great.

Installed a player with an EQ and BAM, sounds so much better. It does make a difference depending on what you're playing it through.

atlrus

Reaction score
I agree, but in my car i use the car's equalizer...

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

wil318466

Reaction score
I'm really glad I keep reading these forums. There's always something I come across I never knew about.

Audiogalaxy is one of those things where I say "Wow.. I can't believe I didn't know about this"

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
some people seem to think they can only buy music for itunes.....seriously.

i personally love itunes, and have been using it since it was Soundjam.. Smart playlists are great.

but i can say the music player that shipped on the Thunderbolt is really nice, and the little i've used it i can say that someone needs to port it to other phones, don't know if its possible to just grab the apk and use it.

Gorebro

Reaction score
iPhone 3G is finally official

The iPhone 3G is the second generation of iPhone. It was the successor to the original iPhone, and is succeeded by the iPhone 3GS. Introduced on June 9, 2008 at the WWDC 2008 at the Moscone Center, San Francisco. The 3G was very similar to its predecessor, containing the same 2 MP camera and no support for video recording, and its performance was limited by the same 128 MB eDRAM memory unit.[10] Nevertheless, the 3G featured several improvements over the original. It supported Assisted GPS, 3G data and Tri-band UMTS/HSDPA.
iPhone system

vacfuzzy

Reaction score
It would be nice if Google could come up w/a Zune-like marketplace for movies,music & podcasts,but that might not be high on their priority list now.

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
I stopped using itunes when I discovered I could load music to my ipod using winamp and another program I use called sharepod(which let's me remove the music and videos off my pod and copy it to my computer). Winamp is the classic, and it even has support for android. Another thing that bugs me about itunes is that the program is over 100mb, why does it have to be that big when winamp does more and is only about 20mbs? I'm glad the only apple product I own is an ipod.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

bigwilly90210

Reaction score
I stopped using itunes when I discovered I could load music to my ipod using winamp and another program I use called sharepod(which let's me remove the music and videos off my pod and copy it to my computer). Winamp is the classic, and it even has support for android. Another thing that bugs me about itunes is that the program is over 100mb, why does it have to be that big when winamp does more and is only about 20mbs? I'm glad the only apple product I own is an ipod.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

I hate iTunes with a burning passion. Any computer I have that has it installed just slows to a crawl... ha. And you're right. It drives me crazy how many resources it uses when Winamp (old skool!!!) uses so little. I thought it was cool Winamp came out for Android, but I haven't used that since Windows XP came out... haha. Songbird is my favorite desktop music player and I like how I can still sync with my Droid, my gf's Droid has different music set to sync. It's awesome. Also, it has a Link from Legend of Zelda theme. Need I say more? :p

gatecitycanes

Reaction score
I actually love drag-and-drop and hate I can't do it on my Apple stuff. I had a Blackberry before my Droid and it was so easy to just copy-and-paste my music over.

My biggest complaint about the stock Android music player is the shuffle doesn't seem to do a good job of shuffling. I'll hear the same songs come up over and over while rarely hearing others. This is the first device where I've really noticed this issue.

Also, from my BB days, I miss being able to skip songs by holding down the volume button. This is so much easier if you're listening while walking around a store.