cant play multiple songs at once

jmloethen

Reaction score
I wonder if I am the only one who notices this issue, but I can't go into the file browser, select multiple songs and send them to the music player. I've tried multiple file browsers and music players.

All I want to do is go into a folder and play all the songs in the folder. Instead I have to click on each individual song file to play...

All my music is organized by folders not by artist / album.

Any ideas / suggestions would be helpful.

Spyte

Reaction score
The best I've been able to come up with is making playlists of the songs in the folders, though I didn't look too hard for alternatives.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
move all the songs into one folder.

in the music player play the songs from that folder, and it'll go through the whole thing.

if not make a playlist.

OP
J

jmloethen

Reaction score
Yeah I don't really want to make a playlist for all my albums... there just needs to be a better file browser.

So I'm looking for the equivalent in Windows of right clicking on a folder, and selecting lets say "play in Winamp" or send to music player.

Reaction score
I also thought this annoying that Android didn't incorporate a better music player, but I have found that making a playlist works fine, as inconvenient as it is.

OP
J

jmloethen

Reaction score
play by folder

3 hours later..... finally found the app. It's MortPlayer. www.sto-helit.de - Main page

You can select your music by folder and then set repeat to repeat folder. It will then loop through all the songs in the folder.

OP
J

jmloethen

Reaction score
not all cd's have tagged info or I choose not to get the tags for the cd I rip, either way I don't care about the info, I just want to play the music that is in a folder... MortPlayer will let me do this. If I want to make a "playlist" I can name a folder as my playlist and copy the songs to that folder, then play the folder. This way I don't have to use any music management programs to manage my music, I can do it normally via the filesystem / file browser.