Droid/music genius needed!!!

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
So I have been using my Droid 2 as my music player and have, over the last several weeks downloaded several songs directly to my phone. I decided to try to sync my phone with my computer using Windows Media Player in hopes to back up my songs and possibly put them on my old droid should I ever need to use it.

So I run the sync and now only a small percentage of my music, maybe 200 out of about 1,000, are actually showing upon either WMP or Mixzing player on my D2. When I go into my SD card I can see several what appear to be folders with artists names on them. When I open these folders some are empty and some have what appear to be song files in them. I think these are related to the songs that are not showing up. Somehow it seems as though WMP may have changed the format of the songs or something? Any idea what may have gone wrong and what I might be able to do to remedy this issue?

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
I recommend DoubleTwist for media syncing, always worked great for me

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Damn you WMP, you've claimed another victim! +1 on the DoubleTwist suggestion, they even have AirSync, which syncs songs and the like over WiFi.

As for what happened to some of your songs... I'd really have to be there unfortunately... Just look for em on your computer and phone, I can tell you WMP didn't change the format, even if it did that doesn't explain missing files...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums