One Thing the iPhone Has Over All Android Phones...

KHeeney5

Reaction score
I like using my DX for music. Don't even use my iPod anymore. As for the OP, when you connect to your headunit, you have to mount your SD card (not charge only).

When I got my X, I got tunebite to convert/unlock the DRM on all my music files. They are now MP3's. I organized them by:

Artist
--Album
---Song (ArtistName - SongName
---"albumart.jpg"

I'm anal about these things, but I have albumart for all music, and it's organized. Naming albumart "albumart.jpg" makes it to where the file doesn't show up in the gallery, but the music app's can read it.
While I'm here, what is the best way to make playlists in Poweramp? Anyway to import iTunes playlists?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
My $0.02...take it as you will...

I have an iPod Touch, 8gb, 2nd Gen I believe...it aint all that. Its an iPhone minus the camera and a cell phone...
It has the same exact faults that the iPhone has for me...no replaceable battery and no upgradeable storage without purchasing a new device...which is asinine in this day and age IMO.

The reason I have an Droid X is simply because I could have a cell phone, mp3 player, and a movie player all in one device, and be able to load my entertainment content as I see fit. iTunes is media management for those people who really dont care what their media looks like...hap-hazard if you will.

I am very anal about my media content..all my music is in full album form, starting with large "Genre" folders, of which I have 7, then "Artist" folder and then "Album" folders. When I copy music to my device, if I choose to add music that is not already a full album, such as a custom compilation, I manually go in and create the album folder, drop all the tunes I want for that particular album(35-125 tracks), and then manually go in and edit the tags so that my chosen app will read the files correctly. Then I just drop it in my Music Folder on my SD Card...this is actually quicker and easier than trying to let iTunes try to sort through my 315gb`s of music!

Not surprisingly, its the same damn thing I had to do with iTunes because Apple decided it knew better how to tag my music than I did...

My video/movie files are cataloged in the same fashion, minus the Genre folders...in their place I have 4 Common folders, Single films, Franchise films(2 or more in a series), Animated and Music/Concert...this would make iTunes lay an egg and shut down..I know, I have did it.

In the end, I would rather handle my media, my way...not what Steve and his Cupertino Communists think is the right way...afterall, it is my media, on my phone...I did spend my money on it right?

ROFLOL. :rolleyes:

And just how long are you keeping this phone that you spend so much time and energy on arranging music? I know my music is screwed up but I haven't got the time to figure it all out. I 'm just going to delete it all and reinstall and hope for the best.
On the phone, I only have 7 albums...1 Eminem Greatest Hits, 1 Johnny Cash, 1 for Hard Rock/Metal, 1 for Classic Rock, 1 for Rap, 1 for Motowns Greatest Hits and 1 for Pop/Rock..all together there are less than 400 tracks..plenty for a day at work or a semi-long travel trip...

The music that I have that is cataloged the way I described in my previous post is all located on a 500gb hard drive on my PC, as well as being backed-up on a friends 1TB hard drive at his house. My phone is not nearly as important as my PC collection is...

When i get bored of these tracks, I will just delete the files off my phone and then set up some new music folders for the phone...takes me less than 3 hours total to set up the 5 main genre folders for my phone...I have plenty of time...

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
Is it just me or does anyone else get annoyed when people on Droid-Forums start talking about the aspects in which the iPhone is better ? Sorry but this is a Forums for all things Android. I could understand you posting a question such as "Is there an app that would sync my Droid like the iPod?" Or something to that effect, but to come on here and start downgrading Android with all these things that the iPhone does better? Seems to me like that should be done on an iPhone forum. I obviously have no control over where you post, I, like you, am just stating my opinion. It offends me just a little bit. I was a dev for the HTC Droid Eris over at XDA and have a lot of respect for the Android Software, so it really gets under my skin when people get on forums for Android talking about how much better the iPhone is.

Disclaimer:
The comments above are aimed towards the OP and not anyone else.

:greendroid:

Last edited:

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
I actually love drag-and-drop and hate I can't do it on my Apple stuff. I had a Blackberry before my Droid and it was so easy to just copy-and-paste my music over.

My biggest complaint about the stock Android music player is the shuffle doesn't seem to do a good job of shuffling. I'll hear the same songs come up over and over while rarely hearing others. This is the first device where I've really noticed this issue.

Also, from my BB days, I miss being able to skip songs by holding down the volume button. This is so much easier if you're listening while walking around a store.

I believe PowerAmp can do this

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.maxmpz.audioplayer

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Also, from my BB days, I miss being able to skip songs by holding down the volume button. This is so much easier if you're listening while walking around a store.

Not the cheapest solution, but I got a pair of Sony DR-BT100 earbuds (like $80 new). Wanted bluetooth for a variety of reasons, and these have a clip on "base" that also has volume and skip controls. Sound is great, too. You can also do voice calls, but it's not as good as other headsets for that and you have to hold the base a few inches from your mouth and speak directly into the microphone.