One Click to get back on upgrade path

jkliving92

Reaction score
I am on 901 and working (no root or camera apps)... I was planning on starting over by going to 886 using R3L3As3Droot and 43v3R root and working my way back up... based on your experience I may not just yet (looks to be an issue with reverting?)

im trying the path saver again. it seems to be working so far so we'll see. i will not be re-installing 901 however if i do recover from this.

-seems its shot. not even the path saver can restore my data. guess ill be making a trip to verizon soon if no one can offer any suggestions. ive done all i know to do.

elstonlj

Reaction score
im trying the path saver again. it seems to be working so far so we'll see. i will not be re-installing 901 however if i do recover from this.
please let me know how it goes (what version you end up on and with/without root)? sounds like you are stopping at 893?
if it work, could you also, if you don't mind, check to make sure you have camera/camcorder (and they work)? Thanks!

elstonlj

Reaction score

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
yeah. when writing system it says preflash validation failure. could not having working data have anything to do with the cdt file?

So when you boot up it's stuck in the fastboot menu?

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2

-seems its shot. not even the path saver can restore my data. guess ill be making a trip to verizon soon if no one can offer any suggestions. ive done all i know to do.

you could try to flash the modems only, i forget where i got them.
ill post back if i find them before you do.

bassman1547

Reaction score
So, to clarity for me (maybe others too), do you need to be rooted to use this one click? if not, you will be rooted after running it and on 893 or 896? Correct?
Currently, I am using .893 the unrooted leak. I get the "you are up to date" message when I check for updates. Am I still in the OTA chain of updates? Will I benifit by installing? apologies for my ingorant questions.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Be more specific when you say leaked 893. And yes, the 1-click method roots you.

jkliving92

Reaction score
im not stcuk in fastboot. i can boot up but i have no data connection and the forever root script did a data wipe so im stuck on the welcome to droid bionic.

713King

Reaction score
okay the 1 click method by P3Droid removed my root some how it says it supposed to root your phone but my root was removed. I had 4ever root on the phone before I did the 1 click method and I am on the 8.9 update. Now my phone just keeps saying Update File Failed, says it over and over now; like maybe every certain hours or so after I press the "Okay" Button what can I use to Root the phone and make it stop checking for updates

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
im not stcuk in fastboot. i can boot up but i have no data connection and the forever root script did a data wipe so im stuck on the welcome to droid bionic.

thats what i thought you said earlier, i would try to flash the modems from the rootz page i posted.
you may have to take the sd card out and put the modem files on there manually, on your pc, if you cant open the usb options

stevo95

Reaction score
^^ Did you push vol. up and down ? try that then the next part is to apply the 893 on your phone in recovery.

Same happened to me

D'oh, yeah that did the trick for me. Now running 901 whihc seems a tad faster than 893 but still similar data/GPS issues.

bassman1547

Reaction score
Be more specific when you say leaked 893. And yes, the 1-click method roots you.

Here ids the post:
11-03-2011 12:48 PM

[h=2]Here's the 5.5.893 update file str8 from Moto. No root necessary.[/h]
1) From Bionic, Download below link
1.5) Using "Files" app on your Bionic transfer from "downloads" dir to root dir of SD card (top level of card). Do NOT rename.
2) Check for updates in Settings, About Phone, System Updates
3) Ding Ding. Found new update.

http://db.tt/Zt22RKQO

Enjoy.

Not really sure why Motorola and Verizon need 30-60 days to test. Everything seems to be perfect. Love my Bionic!​

Last edited by endobrian; 11-03-2011 at 02:58 PM.​