One Click to get back on upgrade path

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
So are the files from 901 already in the system builds for download in that thread?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I'm not sure. I've only been half following the thread. I've not done anything with it as I'm not quite ready yet to do any custom roms. I was sort of waiting for dhacker's ICS build to get a bit further along before going there. So I'm not really sure what's needed to get it to work. I saw they mentioned some files that have to be copied over and that should make it work with the updated radio, but, I don't know if any roms include those files already or not.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
I would uninstall it and install it from the market and see what happens.
no joy lol its funny, it doesnt work so i try to update the binary and it grants itself su permission but fails to fully update and other programs say, su permission denied. not i dont have root.... weird

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
no joy lol its funny, it doesnt work so i try to update the binary and it grants itself su permission but fails to fully update and other programs say, su permission denied. not i dont have root.... weird

Well that sucks. I'm not sure I have any good ideas for you. I mean you could go all the way back to 886, make sure you're forever rooted, and then upgrade back up to 901 but man what a pain. I was able to keep root through my pain. Once I unbricked my phone, I restored my 886 stock root image that I had forever rooted the day I first rooted my phone, and updated that. It kept root all through the updates.

Reaction score
So are the files from 901 already in the system builds for download in that thread?

Yes, download the linked files. I used the KIN3TX file and it's humming along nicely.

Well that sucks. I'm not sure I have any good ideas for you. I mean you could go all the way back to 886, make sure you're forever rooted, and then upgrade back up to 901 but man what a pain. I was able to keep root through my pain. Once I unbricked my phone, I restored my 886 stock root image that I had forever rooted the day I first rooted my phone, and updated that. It kept root all through the updates.

I lost root with the one-click script and had to go all the way back. Not very enjoyable, but IMO this phone is worthless without root.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I lost root with the one-click script and had to go all the way back. Not very enjoyable, but IMO this phone is worthless without root.

I can't say that I can argue against that point. I personally feel any phone is worthless without root. No adblocking. No titanium backup. No CWR. No root explorer. That's a horrible thought! :D

jkliving92

Reaction score

Google runmebbb.bat. extract the file and paste them in the one click path saver folder and replace the files. Run the runmebbb.bat instead. It forever roots your phone while still rooted in 886 instead of after installing 893. youll have to do the whole process over again and you'll run into the invalid cdt issue but there is also a script to fix that once your there. You shouldnt lose root at that point after installing 901. And i didnt lose my camera either like i had before. Sorry i dont have links but if i can find them ill post them.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Google runmebbb.bat. extract the file and paste them in the one click path saver folder and replace the files. Run the runmebbb.bat instead. It forever roots your phone while still rooted in 886 instead of after installing 893. youll have to do the whole process over again and you'll run into the invalid cdt issue but there is also a script to fix that once your there. You shouldnt lose root at that point after installing 901. And i didnt lose my camera either like i had before. Sorry i dont have links but if i can find them ill post them.

thanks,
the only one i dont already have is the bbb file, ill find it.
im going to stick with the ota build, my phone gets hot like it used to on 901, it stayed cooler on 5.7 and the ota.

713King

Reaction score
okay the 1 click method by P3Droid removed my root some how it says it supposed to root your phone but my root was removed. I had 4ever root on the phone before I did the 1 click method and I am on the 5.9 update. Now my phone just keeps saying Update File Failed, says it over and over now; like maybe every certain hours or so after I press the "Okay" Button what can I use to Root the phone and make it stop checking for updates

BUMP!! How can I root the phone if I am on 5.9.901 I lost root and it keeps saying Failed Message of being unable to download the update ...................

jkliving92

Reaction score
thanks,
the only one i dont already have is the bbb file, ill find it.
im going to stick with the ota build, my phone gets hot like it used to on 901, it stayed cooler on 5.7 and the ota.

This post has the link for the runmebbb.bat. also anybody planning on installing 901 Or 893 for that matter and wants to keep root needs to read this. It doesnt have the link to tge script for fixing the cdt.bin issue but it tells you how to push it manually. Miggt can find the script somewhere in the thread though.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-bionic-hacks/190331-getting-back-ota-upgrade-path-retaining-root-901-installation.html

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
This post has the link for the runmebbb.bat. also anybody planning on installing 901 Or 893 for that matter and wants to keep root needs to read this. It doesnt have the link to tge script for fixing the cdt.bin issue but it tells you how to push it manually. Miggt can find the script somewhere in the thread though.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ade-path-retaining-root-901-installation.html

thanks i found that, im 3/4 through installing the ota lol

the link to the cdt file i posted earlier Bionic Path Saver 1-Click Method

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ade-path-retaining-root-901-installation.html

that worked :)
thanks

i still got the cdt error but i already had the files in place to fix it.

xmguy

Reaction score
Worked for me. Then again I came from a "stock" (software was .886 radio and kernel were .894) setup. I ran the one click WITH BBB upgrade. This was a must already went down that road a few days ago with the old 4ever root. The BBB has updated apps.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Worked for me. Then again I came from a "stock" (software was .886 radio and kernel were .894) setup. I ran the one click WITH BBB upgrade. This was a must already went down that road a few days ago with the old 4ever root. The BBB has updated apps.

im pretty sure most of the issues are coming from those of us who had the 901 file on the phone...