One Click to get back on upgrade path

hiroprotagonist

Reaction score
Can anyone copy and paste the download link here? for some reason I can't seem to get registered at MDW, so I can't see links.

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Must be everyone is trying to download this fix all at once lol. Server keeps resetting after hitting around 20% download for me:frown: I have to have this, now! :p

713King

Reaction score
if I have the rom that has blur removed would I need to reflash something that has blur again so this can work or I can just flash it and will work?

cbrmike

Reaction score
This worked like a champ huge thanks to P3Droid and all who worked on this fix, I will never apply a leak again untill I know 100% its lagit. Now I'm just researching IF I should go to 901.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
if I have the rom that has blur removed would I need to reflash something that has blur again so this can work or I can just flash it and will work?

I can't speak for P3Droid's new 1-click method since I didn't use it, but the whole process as a whole should work no problems regardless of custom ROM you are on. I did it from KIN3TX which has much of the Blur removed and it still worked just fine.

nh2123

Reaction score
Can I backup the current setup I have on 5.7.893 and restore it on 5.9.901?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I would first like to thank all the folks over on Rootzwiki[/URL] who got this ball rolling and put the major leg work in. Also Cellzealot pointed me in the right direction and got me thinking of how to automate this whole process.
What this does.
No matter what rom/firmware you have this will take your device and put you back on the official update of 5.5.896 and you will have the option to update to the 5.9.901 update. This update will also root your device so all you have to do is double click on the runme.bat file.

Instructions:
1) Download this file ----> Download Now[/URL]
2) unpack and place all files in the same folder
3) make sure usb mode is Charge Only
4) attach device to computer with usb cable
5) double click the runme file
How this works:
First the Bionic has a locked bootloader that makes restoring and modifying the Bionic difficult. Due to this we have to perform some work arounds.
1) This script will first push the 5.5.896 and then the 5.9.901 updates to your sdcard (these files will be needed to complete the update)
2) You phone will reboot to bootloader and then the script will push the necessary 5.5.896 system/preinstall/webtop partitions to the device (this takes some time be patient)
3) The phone will reboot and the script will root the build, push the necessary boot.img to the boot partition
4) The phone will reboot in recovery mode and you will need to install 5.5.896, if you want to try 5.9.901 install it immediately after 5.5.896.
5) Your phone will reboot and the script will again root your device.
You are all finished, congrats and thanks for trying this script.

From P3 himself...

713King

Reaction score
I can't speak for P3Droid's new 1-click method since I didn't use it, but the whole process as a whole should work no problems regardless of custom ROM you are on. I did it from KIN3TX which has much of the Blur removed and it still worked just fine.

Nice thank you, once I connect the phone to computer it automatically installs the drivers for the device or I have to get the drivers some where else?

cbrmike

Reaction score
Nice thank you, once I connect the phone to computer it automatically installs the drivers for the device or I have to get the drivers some where else?

I thought the same thing but it did not work untill I installed the drivers for my system (64) hope that helps.