ICS Upgrade from 5.7.893

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
yeah my personal experience cuz i really didnt want to use the path saver an ended up having to any way

Seems odd considering the pathsaver basically flashes the same things..... so what happened? it just failed to flash altogether or flashed some and then failed?

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Congrats on getting back to 5.5.893 Doug... great news.

OP
W

WenValley

Reaction score
It WORKED! Thank You Mbk... I'm at 5.5.893 and the phone wants to upgrade to 902. I'm missing a lot of applications, but I can reload those.

My base data is intact, so no worries....

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It WORKED! Thank You Mbk... I'm at 5.5.893 and the phone wants to upgrade to 902. I'm missing a lot of applications, but I can reload those.

My base data is intact, so no worries....

Yes, reload your apps and you can forever root before taking that .902 OTA... or you can even take that OTA and 'then' root afterwards...your choice. You can just do the forever root now pretty fast.

azdrifter

Reaction score
Well i can say this, I had the. 893 build when i purchased my Bionic and then when the. 901 came out I manually flashed it to my phone,last week on tuesday my phone updated itself to the .902 build so I don't think that you get off the upgrade path by manually flashing the .901 I'm proof of that.

Tapin & Talking roaming the forums on my Bionic

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well i can say this, I had the. 893 build when i purchased my Bionic and then when the. 901 came out I manually flashed it to my phone,last week on tuesday my phone updated itself to the .902 build so I don't think that you get off the upgrade path by manually flashing the .901 I'm proof of that.

Tapin & Talking roaming the forums on my Bionic

.901 was actually an official version, and even if you did manually install it, you would still be on the OTA path.... 5.7.893 however was never an official version, thus why any attempts to merely flash OTA files would fail with that....
But no worries since WenValley just proved that you can indeed FXZ from 5.7.893 to stoick 5.5.893 without any problems...:happy3: