Omg froyo is here????

mrdroid

Reaction score
Im starting to develop a love hate relationship with verizon and samsung ....... This waiting is bs . If they only knew how upset everyone is about this update .... I bet ppl would cancel there contract with verizon and go with sprint, who seems to be the big dog theses days ....if it wasnt for that cancellation feeeee that version holds over your head .....

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Look at it from their perspective.... the phone is fine without the update; with exception of slow GPS lock. But the latest OTA fixed GPS for me, I know a lot of people still had issues though. But still... you're talking about the "upset" customers who are approximately 1% or less of the customer base. Everyone else doesn't even know about an upcoming update. So, if you're Vzw/Samsung, do you rush the update with possible issues and upset 100% of your user base or do you hold off until your more certain that you have a working update?

mrdroid

Reaction score
For the past few days I have been checking for an update on my wife's Fascinate but it just keeps saying "please wait" and never tells me anything. Usually it comes back and says no update is available within 10 seconds. I even did a battery pull thinking that it was her phone, then tried again.

Anyone else having this issue? If so, maybe they are preparing for update?

The update is pushed, not pulled. Hitting update on your phone only checks your SD card to see if you received it yet.

garywojdan81

Reaction score
H
The update is pushed, not pulled. Hitting update on your phone only checks your SD card to see if you received it yet.

I could be mistaken but doesn't the innopath app poll the update server? I had an episode last week where a "server unavailable" msg came up when I went through my daily check. It said to try again later when the server was available.

ATC1986

Reaction score
I never got the latest ota is there one out for sf ?

ATC1986

Reaction score
Dont get me wrong its a big change from the dinc but I kinda got use to it ..... Not having wat should have been already updated kinda pissed me off and I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that. Spending money for something they say is there best selling phone with the the best service ...... Is a bit of false advertising...... But like I was just use to the dinc that had everything ready to go.....

Wabbitinspace

Reaction score
I believe they are not pushing it out cause if they will the galaxy s phones would destroy the other phones on the market. Or maybe its just complicated to make updates for these phones? If that's the case, they need to fire some people and hire people who made Roms no problem pffft

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using the DroidForums app.

mrdroid

Reaction score

I could be mistaken but doesn't the innopath app poll the update server? I had an episode last week where a "server unavailable" msg came up when I went through my daily check. It said to try again later when the server was available.

Hm... you might be right. I know I got the DI01 pushed to my phone though. I had uninstalled the Innopath software and the update file still downloaded to my SD. I guess they have the ability to send the update however they see fit.

shanewprice

Reaction score
The fact that the Froyo update has been pushed to almost all the other Galaxy S phones and to Fascinates in other countries indicates to me that the problem is Verizon. However, I am not about to give up this excellent phone because of it. This is the best phone that I have ever owned hands down. I intend to keep it that way.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The fact that the Froyo update has been pushed to almost all the other Galaxy S phones and to Fascinates in other countries indicates to me that the problem is Verizon. However, I am not about to give up this excellent phone because of it. This is the best phone that I have ever owned hands down. I intend to keep it that way.

Probably true. They want to call the shots on what kind of bloatware to include in the update.

shanewprice

Reaction score

Probably true. They want to call the shots on what kind of bloatware to include in the update.

I completely agree. Whoever came up with the idea to use Bing I thought should be shot, but honestly, it is not bad when you get used to it. Now the only thing that annoys me about it is that Verizon didn't give me a choice. This, of course, will be things that we continue to deal with. I do wonder, however, why HTC phones seem to get all their updates rather quickly. I find that interesting.

So when it comes to Verizon...this smily kind of sums it up for me: :work3:

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
HTC is a great company and they are all about customer support. The HTC Thunderbolt is looking better and better everyday. I cant wait till it releases, if it releases before my 30 day period is up i may switch to it, but idk yet.

Jamis0n

Reaction score
I believe they are not pushing it out cause if they will the galaxy s phones would destroy the other phones on the market. Or maybe its just complicated to make updates for these phones? If that's the case, they need to fire some people and hire people who made Roms no problem pffft

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using the DroidForums app.

If you look around to the other country Samsung sites thy use keis than ota updates for u.s. cause we don't have a keis download. It might take time to make something of the sort.

8pened!

DanielC

Reaction score
HTC is a great company and they are all about customer support. The HTC Thunderbolt is looking better and better everyday. I cant wait till it releases, if it releases before my 30 day period is up i may switch to it, but idk yet.

Same here i have until the 29th :icon_ banana:

krauser2

Reaction score
I think that might be the same one that's been up there for the D101 update.