Omg froyo is here????

bluevolume

Reaction score
The Samsung site is back to saying 2.1. Its a little early for April Fools, isn't it?

Hello Droid

Reaction score
Just checked, no updates...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

bluevolume

Reaction score
I just talked to Verizon tech support (611), and they said that there is no update coming soon. They have not received anything from the manufacturer to even test yet.

Take that for whatever its worth.

Hello Droid

Reaction score
If there was an update, do you think the VZ tech support would tell you even if they knew?

Jamis0n

Reaction score
aefdc234-61fc-7b16.jpg

Gonna call and give it a shot in a bit.

8pened!

Darkseider

Reaction score
This is a bunch of crap really. The Galaxy S is running Froyo happily as are rooted Galaxy S phones, Captivate and Vibrant, here in the U.S. This is pathetic. Plain and simple.

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Talked with the Rep. Froyo, hopefully everyone understands that its not as simple as installing a program on any computer, is controlled by Samsung and Samsung alone. UK is 4G lte and Canada is cdma, overall there shouldn't really br an issue of Verizon getting it soon. Furthermore, the Samsung issue putting up 2.2 then taking it down was unknown and current update di01 is the most current. The Rep did say it is soon, but during first quarter and might be by region or per states. Atleast to all by first half of first quarter. I understand the frustration but its better than saying summer time.

Edit; to add on....
Samsung mentioned that the updates will be in UK then Asia and then north America. There has been a lot of ground covered so I think it's about time to take froyo home with me.

8pened!

mrdroid

Reaction score
So... my sister just got a Fascinate today because her HTC Win6.5 phone kept breaking on her. She returned it 3 times and she said she didn't want another one this time so being that she's been a customer for 10 years or something (they'd probably do this for anyone though) they said she could pick from a list of 5 phones to choose from. I'm not sure what the list was.

Well... the phone is definitely refurb or used/openbox. So she called and asked why she didn't get a new one and they told her that they aren't able to get any new Fascinate's until next year.... IF (big if) that cust rep is correct then I would guess they aren't expecting Froyo in the next 3 days.

sagellih

Reaction score
Talked with someone who works for verizon and he said that froyo is not being released. Instead, they are waiting for gingerbread.

Cloud3

Reaction score
anyone have a clue as to why 2.2 hasn't been released yet?

-Cloud

Rhylin

Reaction score
I'll tell you what..I've had this phone for over a week now and came over from a droid x..really hoping for this update soon or I'll just return it and wait for the htc thunderbolt that'll be released soon...samsung get your act together quick or you'll more than just me.

Cloud3

Reaction score
So it is Samsung that's not releasing 2.2, not verizon? I thought samsung already released open version of 2.2 for sch-i500 and we are waiting dir verizon to lock it up.

Search for sch-i500 below
http://opensource.samsung.com/

-Cloud