Is Froyo really here?

fishmstr

Reaction score
Just checked the Samsung site and they have Kiesmini under the fascinate. Says it upgrades the Mesmerize to 2.2 but it's under the Fascinate.
Samsung

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
Just checked the Samsung site and they have Kiesmini under the fascinate. Says it upgrades the Mesmerize to 2.2 but it's under the Fascinate.
Samsung

Same hardware just different service providers.
Rumor is early April.

Sent from my SC'd 2.9.2 EC10v Fascinate

OP
F

fishmstr

Reaction score
What a crock, you go to Samsung pull up the Fascinate support and it shows the download. What a crock of shiite, the Fascinate apparently doesn't even support kies.

OP
F

fishmstr

Reaction score
Enough is enough, I tried being patient with VZW and Samdung but I'm tired of their lies and worse their horrible customer service. So I put Odin to use this morning scrooge them. I tried to do it their way but they failed miserably. Now just have to figure out the differences between 2.1 and 2.2.
Thanks to all of you devs who put together the packages.

dmh35176

Reaction score
Im sure this is a stupid question ,but will you need to have the kies file to get the froyo update or will the phone just take it as an OTA update ?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
it depends on how they do it. i assume they will do it ota but when my girlfriend's vibrant got upgraded i had to do it for her on kies

tfotos

Reaction score
Enough is enough, I tried being patient with VZW and Samdung but I'm tired of their lies and worse their horrible customer service. So I put Odin to use this morning scrooge them. I tried to do it their way but they failed miserably. Now just have to figure out the differences between 2.1 and 2.2.

Hahaha... I was in the same boat as you and I did Odin and SC 2.9.2. I must say that 2.9.2 is incredible. This is how the Fascinate was supposed to be.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

vzwtek

Reaction score
I've had the fascinate 2.2 build on mine for about 3 months, its a test build that is completely functional.
[FROYO][LEAK] DL30 Leak DOWNLOAD ONLY - xda-developers
i just loaded it using CWM

The biggest hold up is after the epic service and keyboard problems, it kind of made them hesitate with the same evdo and cdma elements in the radio of the rom.

Make sure you have the current dl09 before you do the DL30 test build.

If you want to have froyo without the wait.....

vzwtek

Reaction score
ea28 was the 911 fix, dl09 included a radio that is needed for the fascinate test build.

Wabbitinspace

Reaction score
We are still waiting for official froyo while friendly Europe just now got gingerbread leak, just as they promised.. must feel nice to always get what they are promised tsk tsk

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using the DroidForums app.

ireash

Reaction score

I just rooted and went to super clean and the difference????......night and day my friend! I am even more mad at the two companies for leaving our phones crippled like that! I will never buy another samsung product and verizon is lucky they are lesser of the two evils! :icon_evil:

starbiker99

Reaction score

I just rooted and went to super clean and the difference????......night and day my friend! I am even more mad at the two companies for leaving our phones crippled like that! I will never buy another samsung product and verizon is lucky they are lesser of the two evils! :icon_evil:

What instructions did you use? I am possibly switching from my Droid X to a Fascinate and definitely won't be able to live without flash..

I did some research and think I'm ready to go if I swap phone..

Last edited: